Another busy week in the Sonar Community! Like every week we want to spend some time saying thanks to everyone who prompted interesting discussions and gave us feedback on Sonar products that will help us continuously improve.
- We’ve worked on debugging an issue with importing SARIF reports reported by @Mikaciu for a while. It’s clear the logging around importing SARIF reports could be improved. As a result – here’s SONAR-20659!
- Wouldn’t you be confused if a setting called
- As reported by @GetoX, our CSS analyzer is getting sent a lot of nonsensical files (like PHP files). We want to improve this behavior, and will with SonarSource/SonarJS #4320
- Some users like @naldrey are facing a rate-limit when using SonarSource/sonarcloud-github-action. We’ve created a ticket in our backlog to study some potential solutions. Thanks for adding your voice!
- @marcuslopes reported a UI bug with the search functionality in SonarCloud. Thanks for the report – we’re working on it!
- @matroscoe was having some problems importing external issue reports. We’ve created a note internally to improve the documentation, and also a ticket to make things easier with absolute paths in ruff reports from different base directories (SONARPY-1506).
- There was an issue with analysis processing hit by @Helio_Guilherme. Thanks to their report, we were able to discover the issue and deploy a fix. Now it won’t cause an issue for other users! Thanks for reporting it!
- @Renaudh found a regression in SonarLint for IntelliJ that we’ll fix with SLI-1121. Thanks for the report!
- Thanks @ajohnston for reporting a problem with
swift:S1996where it’s actually standard for two types to be defined in the same source file (and we shouldn’t raise an issue). SONARSWIFT-545
- Also for the Swift language, @JohanVase reported an issue with
swift:S1125where false-positives are being raised when options are used. Thanks for the report! SONARSWIFT-546
- Thanks @vtintillier for reporting a false-positive on
java:S1105on record mehods followed by non-method members. We’ll fix this with SONARJAVA-4633!
- Thanks @Hal for reporting an issue with
python:S5890when the return type of new is not an instance of its class. SONARPY-1500
- Thanks @Andumy for this report showing
php:S1144should not raise an issue when a magic method is available via a trait. SONARPHP-1476
- Kudos to @Peter0 for posting about this false-positive on
sysis omitted. SONARPLSQL-824
- Shoutout to @m-gallesio for this report about
csharpsquid:S2589not behaving appropriately with enums and switch expressions. SonarSource/sonar-dotnet #8149
- @CrushaKRool pointed out that there’s no “Sections of code should not be commented out” rule for CSS like there is for other languages. We’ll add it! SonarSource/SonarJS #4227
Once more, we extend our thanks to everyone mentioned here - and those we may have missed - for their efforts in strengthening this community and enhancing our Sonar products.
Please leave your own recognitions below – whether for another community member or a SonarSourcer who assisted you this week. If there’s someone you think should be acknowledged in next week’s roundup, don’t hesitate to let us know.