It has been a slower week in our Community this week, with a combination of Labor Day in the US and a public holiday in Geneva (where most of us are based) called Jeune Genevois.
And, we still want to say thanks to everyone who prompted interesting discussions and gave us feedback on Sonar products that will help us continuously improve.
- Thanks @carl for the feedback on our C and C++ analyzer – we created CPP-4686 which should help us better support malloc with parameters.
- @Tom_Isaacson gave us feedback on the rule description for
cpp:S3630which doesn’t include an example fix when not using C++20. We’ll work on making it more clear. Thanks!
- Thanks @Thomas_Mauch For reporting a false-positive on
java:s1989in the context of servlet methods. SONARJAVA-4603
- Thanks @fernando2amigos and @nicholasfechner for both reporting a bug when closing a project in SonarLint. The fix is already merged (SLI-1089) and will be included in the next release!
- Something is wrong analyzing Razor files… thanks for the report @groogiam and @Jesse. We’ve found a workaround until we can get this fixed.
- Believe it or not, the Jenkins extension for SonarQube still checks that it’s not communicating with a SonarQube server older than v5.6 (released in 2017)… that is causing some issues for users like @cfraenkel, @mbtiii and @sithmein leading to an unresponsive Jenkins instance. Thanks for the reports – we’ll fix this up in SONARJNKNS-363.
Users helping Users
- Kudos to @TimG for coming back to another user with advice on how to setup SonarQube behind an Azure WAF.
Once more, we extend our thanks to everyone mentioned here - and those we may have missed - for their efforts in strengthening this community and enhancing our Sonar products.
Please leave your own recognitions below – whether for another community member or a SonarSourcer who assisted you this week. If there’s someone you think should be acknowledged in next week’s roundup, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Colin & @ganncamp (who was out all week, so I hope I haven’t missed anybody!)