We have a setup where we are able to perform a workspace setup automatically.
Some people in our team creates a workspace to work on a bugfix and then throw it away.
Currently in our each of our project metadata, we have our
.settings/org.sonarlint.eclipse.core.prefs that are referring to our SonarQube Server.
So in a new Workspace, what people needs to do:
- Open the " SonarQube Server " View
- Select “Connect to a server”
- Configure the URL of our SonarQube Server
- Select Username + Password
- Enter their credentials
- Let the defined server name as proposed (each team member needs to have the same name)
I consider this procedure as OK, but it is still too much for some of the team member and it reduce the acceptance of the SonarLint Plugin in our team.
In addition when the server is not correctly defined, the SonarLint Console in the console view capture the focus to display some errors. This is something that some team member do not accept.
In order to avoid that people now de-install the SonarLint server (as a single fix that solve all the error they get in each of their workspace) I need a solution.
- It is possible to share the credential across the team? (we could work with a common token)
- Is is possible to do the setup in an automated way. Even manual editing of an hidden file in the
.metadatafolder would be fine (as soon as we can automate it)
- Is there a way to tell the SonarQube plugin it should react differently (bringing the SonarQube Console View in foreground is something really strange for Eclipse User. I understand that this is valuable information, but other member of my team consider it as noise. I do not think that other Eclipse plugins disturbing the flow when something is not correctly configured)
Thank you a lot for all the inputs you can give me.
PS: I consider SonarLint/SonarQube as a great tool. Thank you for all the work.