SonarLint does not allow suppressing specific issues

My environment:

• Operating system: macOS Ventura 13.5.2
  • SonarLint plugin version:9.0.0.75308
  • Programming language you’re coding in: CloudFormation
  • Is connected mode used: No

I would like to mute warnings for a selected issue (cloudformation:S6273).

In order to achieve it I created the sonar-project.properties file with the content as follows:

# Ignore issues
sonar.issue.ignore.multicriteria=e1
# Skip 'AWS tag keys should comply with a naming convention'
sonar.issue.ignore.multicriteria.e1.ruleKey=cloudformation:S6273
sonar.issue.ignore.multicriteria.e1.resourceKey=**/*.yaml

Unfortunately, this issue is still reported by SonarLint plugin (i.e., offending lines are highlighted yellow and I need extra confirmation before commiting and pushing any changes to my git repository).

Does SonarLint pluging support any format of suppressing specific issues?

Hey there.

If you use connected mode and have these configured in SonarQube or SonarCloud (through the UI), they will be reflected in SonarLint! You can also use the UI to suppress individual issues, or turn of the rule entirely if it doesn’t make sense for your project.

Hello,

do I understand you correctly that it order to fix this issue (i.e., suppress the rule non-relevant to my project) I need to start using SonarLint in connected mode?

In other words, do I understand your response properly that it is not support to suppress a particular rule in offline mode?

You can suppress a particular rule (just by turning off the rule), but to suppress specific issues or specific rules on specific files, you need to use connected mode.