IntelliJ - Rider - c# - suppress warning violation in code

Please provide

• Operating system: Windows
  • SonarLint plugin version: 6.8.0.50884
  • Is connected mode used: Yes (but nothing is configured yet)

And a thorough description of the problem / question:

IntelliJ / Rider usually allows suppression of rule violations directly in the IDE as a “quick fix” action. Does SonalLint allow the same? I just see an option to get more rules on the violation?

I saw on StackOverflow, but that flow seems pretty manual to just suppress the rule for a few statements within the solution?

I’m in the process of trying to sell my team on using SonarLint/Cloud - would be great if suppressing rules where application was as low friction as we are currently used to!

Hello, welcome to the community! And thanks for your question.

I see that you mention plans to use connected mode with SonarCloud, and I believe this is the way to go for your team.

With connected mode enabled, you can select which rules are enabled on your quality profile, which will be synchronized with the IDE; and issues marked as “false positive” or “won’t fix” on SonarCloud will also disappear from SonarLint.

Hey there - thank you for the info! Is there a way to mark as “won’t fix” within the IDE so that devs don’t need to context switch and open SonarCloud? We’re hoping to keep the dev workflow streamlined.