Lost admin rights due to DEvops Migration SonarCloud

Hello
Due to a Devops migration (AZURE migration and Switch directory) I have lost my access (ADMIN) to SonarCloud Plateform and mainly admin and billing.
How can I get a new access ?

Thanks a lot for you help

Hello @cedricmartinez,

Welcome to the community!

Can you tell me what you mean by lost access? Are you able to log in to SonarCloud? Are you not a member of an organization you have been a member of previously? Are you still a member and you do not have permission to view billing?

Best,
Marcin

A couple of weeks ago, we made a carve out and change AZURE Tenant and change AAD.
I used to connect via DEVOPS with my account cedric.martinez@edfenr.com.
Due to the change of AAD I suppose, I don’t have access anymore to SONARCLOUD, but yes I have an access to my migrated DEVOPS environnement. And yes I still belong to an organiszation. But I don’t have access anymore to SONARCLOUD administrration, because I have the feeling that it is still link to the previous DEVOPS Tenant.
Now that I am trying to connect with my account I need to get an authorisation from admin (Which I used to be, but dur the migration I don’t have acces to this old account.

Hope that I am clear on my explanation.

Best regards,

CĂ©dric

Hello @cedricmartinez,

Thanks for all the information. Are other users of your organization able to log in to SonarCloud?

Best,
Marcin

Hello Marcin,

No I think they also lost their access.

Best

CĂ©dric

Hello @cedricmartinez,

Are you able to log in to SonarCloud with your new account? Or the problem only persists with the old account?

Best,
Marcin

Hello
Impossible to connect with my new account and my old account has been desactivated (carve out projet).
My old accound was on cemartinez@edfengroup.onmicrosoft.com
My new account I use to log on DEVOPS is cedric.martinez@edfenr.com
Organisation name : EDFENR.

I need to have access to the billing part and because it is my credit card wich is used for paiement.

Best,
CĂ©dric

Hello @cedricmartinez,

I used to connect via DEVOPS with my account [cedric.martinez@edfenr.com]

My old accound was on cemartinez@edfengroup.onmicrosoft.com
My new account I use to log on DEVOPS is cedric.martinez@edfenr.com

Can you confirm which is your old account and which is the new account? Because from your messages I cannot deduct which is the new and which is old. I can see on SC that @edfenr.com is actually an old account as this is the email registered in SC. Can you confirm that?

Best,
Marcin

Hello,

We change DNS so my old account was cedric.martinez@edfenr.com/cemartinez@edfengroup.onmicrosoft.com

My new account is
cedric.martinez@edfenr.com/cedric.martinez@edfenr2.onmicrosoft.com

Best
CĂ©dric

Hello @cedricmartinez,

I checked and what we actually do is just redirect to Microsoft OAuth login prompt. So the prompt you receive is even before we actually receive a callback from Microsoft so the issue cannot be connected with anything that we store on the SonarCloud side

Can you check in your admin panel in the new org, what are your settings? This is an example of Sonar configuration:

These kinds of settings should enable you to log in without receiving this prompt.

Best,
Marcin

Hello Marcin,

What you adviced me didn’t work, but I found the solution by accepting the request with my global admin account.
And yes I have access to all the information I need.
I was really sure that the application Sonar was linked to an Azure Tenant and not to a user.

Anyway everything is fine now.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best
CĂ©dric

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.