How to migrate sonarqube to sonarcloud

we are looking to purchase sonarcloud, but we also want to migrate existing sonarqube to sonarcloud.

please let me know how can we migrate it.

Thanks

Hi @atul_chauhan,

Welcome to our community !

You can take a look at this thread.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply so i can’t migrate projects from sonarqube to sonarcloud.

@aurelie and @Fabrice_Bellingard is that true - one can not migrate SonarQube project to SonarCloud ? I find that hard to believe but I can not find any information proving the opposite.
Would you have any comment on that ?

Thanks,
Emil

Hello @Emil_Obreshkov ,

A direct migration of the data from SonarQube to SonarCloud is currently not available. Out of curiosity, what information / set up would be important for you to migrate? Do you feel the need to migrate the existing configuration or rather the historical data of your projects?

Hi @Martin_Bednorz,

You mention “direct migration” but is there an “indirect way” ? We have the need to migrate existing configurations and historical data for the projects we have and there are bunch of them.
I guess our support and migration team is/will be in contact with your experts regarding best way to migrate but again I find it strange that there is no much available information on that important topic.

Kind regards,
Emil

@Emil_Obreshkov did you have any success here? I also find it strange that there is no path for this defined or documented. We also are concerned with losing or having to redo existing configurations.

@Ryan_Adler unfortunately I do not have any new information on that. For now we postponed the move to SonarCloud.

@Emil_Obreshkov In the meantime, we have completed the initial migration. Depending on the number of projects, this could be a huge effort just to migrate the configuration. There is a possibility to export and import the Quality Gate settings, which can help, but that’s minimal. The bigger work will be for the dev teams to again review the found issues and flag those which were already handled in the old installation.

1 Like

Hello the community,

I wanted to know if there were some news in order to do a smooth migration from Sonarqube to Sonarcloud ?
What is the best strategy to follow to migrate all data and configurations ?

Thanks in advance !
Robin

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, that’s still not possible. While you do have the ability to “Back up” a profile in SonarQube and “Restore” it in SonarCloud… that’s about it.

Ann

Hi G Ann,

Thanks for your quick answer ! Do you know if this feature is already planned into the product roadmap ?

Robin

Hi Robin,

Nothing is planned around this, as far as I know.

Ann