SonarCloud migration form existing sonarqube instance

Hello Everyone,

• CI system used ( Azure DevOps)
    We have to migrate the SonarQube to sonar cloud. As we came to know that there no option to migrate from SonarQube to sonar cloud. Below are the few thing we need to do b4 we migrate or our pipeline will start.

how to migrate existing rules to sonarcloud?
how to migrate quality profile for vb.net, BI, and xml to sonarcloud?
how to migrate the quality gate to sonar cloud?

Your help will be more helpful. try to find out but not able to get it.

Thanks in Advance.

We need your guideline to achieve few thing with out impacting existing pipeline.

Hello Everyone,

We have to migrate the SonarQube to sonar cloud. As we came to know that there no option to migrate from SonarQube to sonar cloud. Below are the few thing we need to do b4 we migrate or our pipeline will start.

how to migrate existing rules to sonarcloud?
how to migrate quality profile for vb.net, BI, and xml to sonarcloud?
how to migrate the quality gate to sonar cloud?

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

If you mean custom rules, that’s not possible.

For standard languages, you can “Back up” the profile on SonarQube and “Restore” it to SonarCloud. For BI, I assume that’s a language you’re currently supporting with a plugin. That won’t be available on SonarCloud.

This will have to be done manually, condition by condition.

HTH,
Ann

Thank you Ann for your reply.

I have gone through the sonar document but not able to find the backup and restore from sonarqube to sonarcloud. If you will help me on it it will really great to save our time on configuring manually.

How we can backup and restore quality profile if you have any steps that will be helpful. If we are able to backup the quality profile by default the rules will come with it?

Hi,

Take a look in the interface:

HTH,
Ann

Thank you Ann,
I’m Able to see the backup option in SonarQube. For few that is not visible might be that is default we have tried.

We can restore that to sonar cloud? Is there will be any issue to do that.

Hi,

Have you tried it?

:smiley:
Ann

We are in analysis face don’t have sonarcloud instance ready with us. Just trying to check with you if you have the sonar cloud instance is there a restore option or not.

Hi,

All you need to do to “have SonarCloud” is sign in the first time. Then you should be able to poke around as the owner of your own private organization.

:smiley:
Ann

Thank you Ann.

Able to see that option to restore it in sonar cloud. One of our friend having sonar cloud account we have verified on it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.