Sonarqube migrate to Sonar Cloud

Hi Team,

We have a sonarqube running in our environment (Developer Edition Version 8.9.7). We plan to migrate the sonarqube to Sonar Cloud as soon as we can. Here are my questions & concerns.

1. We would like to know the steps we need to take in order to migrate from sonarqube to sonarclode. Could anyone let me know what are the main procedures and steps to do this ?

2. How long does it take to complete the migration process?

Note : The license for the existing sonar is almost up for renewal. Could anyone help on this ?

Hey there.

There is no migration path from SonarQube to SonarCloud at this time, which means starting over from scratch.

Apart from the lack of migration path, is there a workaround or API that someone can build in house in order to migrate projects from on prem to cloud, skipping the manual labour?

Hello, did you have an answer since I am in the same situation?

Hey all.

Just to provide an update, we anticipate a better migration path from SonarQube to SonarCloud coming in 2024/2025

Can you explain what would be post important for you in the migration? Users, issue status, comments, permissions… “All” isn’t super helpful, but I would like to understand what you would prioritize.