How to configure SonarCloud to enable login with external AD/AAD?

Hi,

We just started using SonarCloud, we need to integrate this instance with Azure Active Directory? We are currently using a hosted SonarQube’s instance integrated with Azure AD and it works good.

Can you advice please?

PS: When I try to login to a SonarCloud organization with a personal account, I get this error message:
Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.
AADSTS50020: User account '*****@outlook.com’ from identity provider ‘live.com’ does not exist in tenant ‘SonarSource’ and cannot access the application ‘0cd6ff8b-c8a8-4ab6-8f60-516f5bc5354a’(Sonarcloud) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Khalid.

Hi @kibnelbachyr and welcome to this community !

It’s not possible for the moment to authenticate on SonarCloud using a personal Azure account.
You need to use a professional one.

Regards,
Julien Lancelot

Hi Julien,

Thank you for your response.
Actually, we aim to use professional accounts with Azure DevOps login method, but we ignore how to configure SonarCloud in order to use Azure Active Directory credentials, as it’s the case now in SonarQube self-hosted instances through the Azure Active Directory (AAD) Authentication Plug-in for SonarQube.

Can you advice please?

Kind Regards,
Khalid IBNELBACHYR.

Oh, I didn’t get your point : It’s only possible to authenticate on Azure DevOps on SonarCloud, it’s not possible to authenticate using your own AAD.

1 Like

Ok. I tought that Azure DevOps authentication method will rest on AAD to verify the identities. But, what allow and how Azure DevOps authentication method works then ?

Hello @julienlancelot
But, what allow Azure DevOps authentication method then and how it works ?

Kind Regards,
Khalid.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Need help to authenticate on Azure DevOps