Unable to open sonar URL from Microsoft edge browser remotely

• What version are you upgrading from?
    SonarQube server upgraded from 8.9.6 to 9.9.1 version

• System information (Operating system, Java version, Database provider/version)
    Operating system - Windows server 2016 Standard
    OpenJDK 17.0.2
    MS SQL server 2017
    Microsoft Edge - (localhost within the VM ) - ver 112.0.1722.68
    Microsoft Edge - (remote machine, client laptop) - ver 112.0.1722.58
    Chrome Browser (remote machine, client laptop) - ver 112.0.5615.138

• What’s the issue you’re facing?
    sonarqube URL able to open from Microsfot Edge within the machine(locally). But unable to open URL from Microsoft Edge -remote machine and able to open same URL from remote machine -chrome browser

Please provide the solution

Hi,

To verify,

You can access the /setup URL using Chrome, and you can access it using Edge on the SonarQube host (i.e. when SonarQube is localhost), but using Edge to access it from another machine doesn’t work?

If that’s true, you’re able to successfully finish the upgrade. Since this isn’t an everyday URL, that should be sufficient. Nonetheless, do you see anything unusual in the Edge browser console when you’re unable to access the URL?

Ann

1 Like

Thanks @ganncamp

1. You can access the /setup URL using Chrome, and you can access it using Edge on the SonarQube host (i.e. when SonarQube is localhost), but using Edge to access it from another machine doesn’t work?
    Answer) Yes, able to access URL from SonarQube host((i.e. when SonarQube is localhost), unable to access from another machine by using Edge browser

2. Everyday URL - Keep on " Loading" message is appearing whenever try to access URL from other machine Edge browser but Chrome browser - able to access the URL

please help to provide the solution

Hi,

Is this happening for every SonarQube URL or just for /setup?

Ann

1 Like

It is happening with every SonarQube URL

Hi,

Okay, thanks. So I’ll ask again:

Ann

1 Like

@ganncamp

Special Thanks for your attention and replies

Now we are able to access SonarQube URL remotely once upgrade latest version of MS Edge

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.