Unable to add projects within bound organization

When binding my Github organization to SonarCloud, I selected one repository to initialize into a SonarCloud project.

I’m looking to add more of our Github repositories to our organization but cannot add them using the binding.

Will I need to unbind and rebind my organization to add more repositories, now and in the future, using the Github binding as opposed to manually adding them?

Is there not a way to initialize new projects from an existing bound organization?

Thanks!

Hi Steven,

Welcome to our community :slight_smile:
Could you give some details about :

What do you experience exactly, do you have an error? Do you see your repository ? Could you share a screenshot? That would help us to help you :slight_smile:

Thanks,

I have the same issue.

We already have sonarcloud set up and analysing some of our projects. We have lots of new repositories that don’t show up in Sonarcloud.

So I go to ‘Add new project’, choose an organization on github, and choose our organization. This takes me to the Github Sonarcloud page. All repositories are already selected here, which includes (This applies to all current and future repositories). This means I can’t actually add a project or do anything.

I tried selecting an individual repository to force a refresh and got an error message about ‘organization already bound’. We are stuck at the moment and can’t add new repositories to be scanned. I also tried just running the analysis locally and got the error message “Caused by: Project was never analyzed. A regular analysis is required before a branch analysis” which I guess is because the project is not created on Sonarcloud.

Please advise on how to force Sonarcloud to add ALL my github repos.

1 Like

Hi Fergus,

Welcome to our community :slight_smile:

You want to analyse all your GitHub repositories from only one GitHub organization, is that correct?
To be able to create project from GitHub, your organization should be bound and you should be an admin of the SonarCloud organization.

As I understand this organization is already bound, right ? you can check that here :

If your organization is already bound and you are an admin of the SonarCloud organization, you should be able to add new projects and select the new repositories that are added on GitHub side.
If you are admin of the organization you see the “Administration” drop down

And for adding a new project you should see that :

Please note that there is no automatic way to create projects from new GH repositories, you have to create them manually via the “Analyze projects” page as shown above.

Hope that helps, don’t hesitate to let us know if you are still stuck.

Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks for that @aurelie!

I think there might have been some lag in getting SonarCloud synced up with our repositories. When I got to the same spot as the third url screen, no additional repositories were displayed.

I repeated the same steps the next day, my repositories were listed and I was able to import them successfully.

Thank you for your time and help!

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the heads up :slight_smile: I’m glad it’s working for you now :slight_smile:

Cheers

Thanks @aurelie all good now.

1 Like