Trouble sending notifications

We are trying to set email notifications for all projects. SMTP setup is working and able to send test email but after creating a separate user for email notification and running the sonarqube scan we are not getting any notification email. Kindly let us know how to fix the issue.

We are using GitHub action CI/CD pipeline for scanning the project. Kindly let me know anything need to add in code

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

I’ve moved your posts to a new thread because the one you resurrected was three years old. Please don’t do that.

You’ve created a test user. Have you subscribed the user to notifications? If so, how about a screenshot of that?

Ann

Using sonarqube 9-5.
We are trying to set email notifications for all projects. SMTP setup is working and able to send test email but after creating a separate user for email notification and running the sonarqube scan we are not getting any notification email. Kindly let us know how to fix the issue.

We are using GitHub action CI/CD pipeline for scanning the project. Kindly let me know anything need to add in code. Kindly help on this.

We are using community edition

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot.

You ran an analysis and your test user didn’t get any notifications. What notification did you expect? From your screenshot:

• Did the background task fail when processing the analysis report?
  • Did the user have any issues / hotspots assigned to it where the status changed?
  • Did the project’s Quality Gate status change? (Go from passing to failing or vice versa?)
  • Did the user introduce new issues in the analysis?

Ann

I have seen one youtube video. In that he got below mail. I want same like that. Email Notification about project analysis in SonarQube - YouTube

Hi Ann,

Kindly let me know how to integrate email notification with mattermost. Kindly let me know the steps.

Regards,
Nithya.K.S

Hi,

My question stands. What kind of notification did you expect. Notifications are only sent under certain conditions. Which conditions applied for your notification-less analysis?

Ann

I want the failure report for the project. I want to get the notification in mattermost channel. Kindly help on it

Hi,

Your screenshot shows that the user is subscribed to four different kinds of notification. Which kind of notification did you expect to be sent?

Ann

Hi Ann,

I want to send notifications to all. Kindly let me know how to send notifications to the mattermost channel. Kindly send the procedure.

Regards,
Nithya. K.S

Hi Nithya,

The way to send notifications is to have users subscribe themselves, as you subscribed your test user.

This started with a complaint of “we are not getting any notification email”.

Before anyone can help you with that, you need to be more specific with the details of the problem. What I’ve been trying to discern is whether one could have reasonably expected any notifications to be sent from your test.

Until you can tell me which kind of notification you believe should have been generated, I can’t help you any further.

:woman_shrugging:
Ann

If my project scan staus is failed i want to send the failed report notification to mattermost. Kindly let me know the procedure for that

Hi,

In your test analysis:

• did the Quality Gate fail?
  • was it the first time in a row that it failed?

Ann

You’ve answered one question. Can you answer the other?

Ann

• was it the first time in a row that it failed? - yes

Okay, so the analysis before this one passed the Quality Gate?

If so, then a notification should have been fired based on the user subscription to “Quality gate changes on all available projects”.

I believe you should start by checking your SMTP server logs to see if a message was received from SonarQube.

Ann