SonarQube upgrade from 6.2 to 6.7.5: profiles and branches changes

Dear Team,

I tried upgrading my testing SonarQube instance from 6.2 to 6.7.5 and facing following problems, could you please help me with it,

1. no profiles visible

In upgrade guide it written that many plugins are by default there with 6.7.X, where should I find list plugins which already included in 6.7.5 ? when I check …/extensions it is empty.

Profiles are visible once I copy all language plugins from old instance to new instance.

1. Outdated copy

When I copied some plugins from my old instance to new instance, It shows profile for that particular plugin like below,

what does it mean ?

1. branch.name command line option

I used to analyze project with following maven command
mvn … -Dsonar.branch=$Branch_name

but now it says use sonar.branch.name and when I use it, it fails saying it branch plugin at sonar its not free.

Hi Shreedhar,

Regarding outdated copy Quality Profiles, the v6.5 Upgrade Note is helpful (:bulb: pro-tip: always read all intermediary upgrade notes).

Yup, sonar.branch is deprecated (was only creating a side project). Analysis of branches and pull requests is now natively supported (check it out), and is available starting from SonarSource Developer Edition.

Hi Bontoux,

Thank you for reply.

I have done this excersie on Sandbox instance now, I have to do same in Production instance.

There I have some custom profiles created under Java. if I migrate the production instance from 6.2 to 6.7.5, I will loose all those profiles or they will there with “outdated tags” ?

Also in Production instance we have licensed plugin though our SonarQube platform is community version, what extra steps I need take care when migrating commercial plugin.

Be sure that a migration will not delete profiles. At the very least (and in this specific situation) would it indeed rename some as ‘outdated copys’ indeed (per Upgrade Note I shared).

You should discuss with your commercial contacts which SonarSource Edition you are licensed for, and then duly follow this specific Upgrade Guide.

We have SonarQube community edition and on top of it we have licensed PL/SQL Plugin. So If i need to take any special precaution during upgrade then please let us know.