Sonar.branch.name error in 6.7.5 LTS

sonarqube
branches

(Lakshmi) #1

Hi,

I am using SonarQube 6.7.5 LTS (community edition), and I have changed sonar.branch to sonar.branch.name, because of WARN: The use of "sonar.branch" is deprecated and replaced by "sonar.branch.name”

Now sonar analysis fails with following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.3.0.603:sonar (default-cli) on project xxx: Validation of project reactor failed:

[ERROR] o To use the property "sonar.branch.name", the branch plugin is required but not installed. See the documentation of branch support: https://redirect.sonarsource.com/doc/branches.html.

Do you know what should I do, to get this working?

sonar.branch works fine, but i got mentioned warning.

Thank you.

(Lakshmi) #2

Could you please confirm, if I install the branch plugin will solve the issue? or Are there other ways to resovle above mentioned errors?

(Alexandre Frigout) #3

Hello,

The sonar.branch parameter is deprecated, meaning that you can still use it but it is not the one we recommend.
If you want to have your branches aggregated into a single project, you need to install the branch plugin and use the sonar.branch.name parameter instead.

Alex.

(Lakshmi) #4

Hi,

Thanks very much for the response.

As per the link, Branch analysis is available as part of Developer Edition, this seems licensed one.

Could you please confirm, I should purchase the license to install branch plugin (in Developer Edition)?

I am currently using SonarQube 6.7.5 LTS (community edition). So I guess, I should move to Developer edition, instead community edition, so that I will get the plugin anyway.

Do we have any branch plugin for community edition ? (open source)

Thank you.

(Alexandre Frigout) #5

Indeed, the branch plugin is part of the commercial editions. Then moving to developer editions will give you the possibility to install the branch plugin.

I don’t know if open source alternatives exist for this plugin, what I can tell you is that for 120 a year you can benefit from several functionalities available for commercial editions.

Alex.

(Lakshmi) #6

Thanks a million !