Sonar.branch.name error in 6.7.5 LTS

Hi,

I am using SonarQube 6.7.5 LTS (community edition), and I have changed sonar.branch to sonar.branch.name, because of WARN: The use of "sonar.branch" is deprecated and replaced by "sonar.branch.name”

Now sonar analysis fails with following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.3.0.603:sonar (default-cli) on project xxx: Validation of project reactor failed:

[ERROR] o To use the property "sonar.branch.name", the branch plugin is required but not installed. See the documentation of branch support: https://redirect.sonarsource.com/doc/branches.html.

Do you know what should I do, to get this working?

sonar.branch works fine, but i got mentioned warning.

Thank you.

Could you please confirm, if I install the branch plugin will solve the issue? or Are there other ways to resovle above mentioned errors?

Hello,

The sonar.branch parameter is deprecated, meaning that you can still use it but it is not the one we recommend.
If you want to have your branches aggregated into a single project, you need to install the branch plugin and use the sonar.branch.name parameter instead.

Alex.

Hi,

Thanks very much for the response.

As per the link, Branch analysis is available as part of Developer Edition, this seems licensed one.

Could you please confirm, I should purchase the license to install branch plugin (in Developer Edition)?

I am currently using SonarQube 6.7.5 LTS (community edition). So I guess, I should move to Developer edition, instead community edition, so that I will get the plugin anyway.

Do we have any branch plugin for community edition ? (open source)

Thank you.

Indeed, the branch plugin is part of the commercial editions. Then moving to developer editions will give you the possibility to install the branch plugin.

I don’t know if open source alternatives exist for this plugin, what I can tell you is that for 120 a year you can benefit from several functionalities available for commercial editions.

Alex.

Thanks a million !