Sonar.branch usage on Community edition

Hi,

I tried running analysis against a SQ server running 7.7 version with “-Dsonar.branch” option. Saw a warning message as below , but analysis went through fine

[WARNING] The use of “sonar.branch” is deprecated and replaced by “sonar.branch.name”. See https://redirect.sonarsource.com/doc/branches.html.

However when I try to run the same thing against a SQ server running 7.9.1 version, analysis fails

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.6.0.1398:sonar (default-cli) on project alerts: The ‘sonar.branch’ parameter is no longer supported. You should stop using it. Branch analysis is available in Developer Edition and above. See https://redirect.sonarsource.com/editions/developer.html for more information. -> [Help 1]

Do we have any workaround for this with the Community Edition.

Regards,
Vinay

Hi,

The Branch & Pull Requests decoration is now part of the Developer Edition.
Using Community Edition you can only analyse a single branch per project.

Regards

You may use Sonarqube Community Branch Plugin. According to the documentation it supports branches analysis, but PR decoration is missing.

I have no idea if it works because we use Developer Edition :wink:

How about using -Dsonar.projectKey (which is set to groupId:artifactId:branch )option instead of using -Dsonar.branch ?

Regards,
Vinay

Hi Team

We are using community edition in our organization and currently upgraded SonarQube from 6.7 LTS to 7.9 LTS. We also upgraded to latest Sonar Scanners but we are getting an error as stated above ‘ The ‘sonar.branch’ parameter is no longer supported. You should stop using it. Branch analysis is available in Developer Edition and above. ’
I wish to know 3 things:

1. Is this error because of latest version of sonar scanner or due to SonarQube 7.9 LTS version ?
  2. Starting which version was sonar.branch not supported ?
  3. Can we downgrade the SonarQube to avoid this error ?
    It would be really helpful if you could provide a quick response.

Hi @Paras_Sharma,

You’ll get all information you need you reading the documentation about Branch Analysis.

Regards

Thanks Julien. Could you also help me with one more thing. I am running sonar analysis on an angularJS project and it is failing with below error:
Error: CSS rules were not generated. Error when running: 'node -v’

How do I fix this ?

As this issue is not related to the subject of this thread, please open a new thread about this issue.

Thanks for your understanding