SonarQube too long URLs

Hello,

We have an issue with too long URLs generated by SonarQube. Inside projectssample projectmeasures we get HTTP 500 error due to too long URL.

We are using SonarQube 6.7.4 community edition. Inside SQ we don’t have error logs because it could be some proxy errors. Is any posibility to make this URLs shorter?

Below I have pased URL which got this 500 HTTP error.

https://URL/sonarqube/api/measures/component?additionalFields=periods&componentKey=fr.cap:api-connector&metricKeys=SMELL_COUNT_ABBREVIATIONS_USAGE,sg_i.CORE_ACD,sonargraph_acd,new_technical_debt,afferent_coupling_average,afferent_coupling_total,sonargraph_all_warnings,SMELL_COUNT_ANTI_PATTERN,sonargraph_architecture_violations,SMELL_COUNT_BAD_DESIGN,SMELL_COUNT_BAD_FRAMEWORK_USAGE,SMELL_COUNT_BAD_LOGGING,sg_i.CORE_BIGGEST_COMPONENT_CYCLE_GROUP,sonargraph_biggest_cycle_group,sg_i.JAVA_BIGGEST_PACKAGE_CYCLE_GROUP,blocker_violations,bugs,burned_budget,business_value,sonargraph_instructions,sg_i.JAVA_BYTE_CODE_INSTRUCTIONS,sg_i.CORE_CCD,classes,sg_i.CORE_CODE_COMMENT_LINES,code_smells,SMELL_DEBT,cognitive_complexity,sg_i.CORE_COMMENT_LINES,comment_lines,comment_lines_density,sg_i.CORE_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES_TO_REMOVE_COMPONENTS,sg_i.JAVA_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES_TO_REMOVE_PACKAGES,branch_coverage,new_branch_coverage,conditions_to_cover,new_conditions_to_cover,confirmed_issues,coverage,new_coverage,critical_violations,sonargraph_cycle_warnings,sonargraph_cyclicity,sg_i.CORE_CYCLICITY_COMPONENTS,sg_i.JAVA_CYCLICITY_PACKAGES,sonargraph_cyclic_packages,complexity,directories,sonargraph_duplicate_warnings,duplicated_blocks,new_duplicated_blocks,duplicated_files,duplicated_lines,duplicated_lines_density,new_duplicated_lines,new_duplicated_lines_density,efferent_coupling_average,efferent_coupling_total,effort_to_reach_maintainability_rating_a,false_positive_issues,files,functions,generated_lines,generated_ncloc,sonargraph_highest_acd,sg_i.CORE_MAX_ACD,sg_i.MAX_MODULE_NCCD,sonargraph_highest_nccd,sonargraph_highest_relative_acd,SMELL_COUNT_HOW_COMMENT,sonargraph_ignored_violations,sonargraph_ignored_warnings,SMELL_COUNT_INDECENT_EXPOSURE,info_violations,sonargraph_internal_types,violations,sonargraph_java_files,line_coverage,new_line_coverage,lines,sg_i.CORE_LINES_OF_CODE,ncloc,lines_to_cover,new_lines_to_cover,sqale_rating,new_maintainability_rating,major_violations,SMELL_COUNT_MEANINGLESS_COMMENT,SMELL_COUNT_MIDDLE_MAN,minor_violations,SMELL_COUNT_MISSING_DOCUMENTATION,SMELL_COUNT_MISSING_IMPLEMENTATION,SMELL_COUNT_MISSING_TEST,SMELL_COUNT_MULTIPLE_RESPONSIBILITIES,sonargraph_nccd,sg_i.CORE_NCCD,new_blocker_violations,new_bugs,new_code_smells,new_critical_violations,new_info_violations,new_violations,new_lines,new_major_violations,new_minor_violations,new_vulnerabilities,SMELL_COUNT_NON_COMPLIANCE_WITH_STANDARDS,SMELL_COUNT_NON_EXCEPTION,sg_i.CORE_ARTIFACT_COUNT,sg_i.CORE_DUPLICATES,sg_i.CORE_COMPONENT_CYCLE_GROUPS,sg_i.CORE_COMPONENTS,sg_i.CORE_VIOLATING_COMPONENTS,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_CRITICAL_ISSUES_WITHOUT_RESOLUTION,sg_i.CORE_CYCLIC_COMPONENTS,sg_i.JAVA_CYCLIC_PACKAGES,sg_i.CORE_DUPLICATED_LINES,sg_i.CORE_EMPTY_ARTIFACT_COUNT,sg_i.CORE_IGNORED_DUPLICATES,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_IGNORED_CRITICAL_ISSUES,sg_i.CORE_IGNORED_CYCLIC_COMPONENTS,sg_i.JAVA_IGNORED_CYCLIC_PACKAGES,sg_i.CORE_IGNORED_THRESHOLD_VIOLATIONS,sg_i.CORE_IGNORED_VIOLATIONS_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_ISSUES,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_UNAPPLICABLE_REFACTORINGS,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_UNAPPLICABLE_RESOLUTIONS,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_UNAPPLICABLE_TASKS,sg_i.JAVA_PACKAGE_CYCLE_GROUPS,sg_i.JAVA_PACKAGES,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES_AFFECTED_BY_REFACTORINGS,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_REFACTORINGS,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_RESOLUTIONS,sg_i.CORE_STATEMENTS,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_TASKS,sg_i.CORE_THRESHOLD_VIOLATIONS,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_THRESHOLD_VIOLATIONS,sg_i.CORE_UNASSIGNED_COMPONENTS,sg_i.CORE_VIOLATIONS_COMPONENT_DEPENDENCIES,sg_i.CORE_VIOLATIONS_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES,sg_i.NUMBER_OF_WORKSPACE_WARNINGS,SMELL_COUNT_ODDBALL_SOLUTION,open_issues,sonargraph_tasks,sonargraph_task_refs,SMELL_COUNT_OVERCOMPLICATED_ALGORITHM,sonargraph_packages,sg_i.CORE_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES_TO_REMOVE_COMPONENTS,sg_i.JAVA_PARSER_DEPENDENCIES_TO_REMOVE_PACKAGES,sg_i.VIOLATING_COMPONENTS_PERCENT,sg_i.JAVA_CYCLIC_PACKAGES_PERCENT,sonargraph_cyclic_packages_percent,sg_i.UNASSIGNED_COMPONENTS_PERCENT,sonargraph_unassigned_types_percent,sonargraph_violating_types_percent,sg_i.PERCENTAGEOFDEADCODE,SMELL_COUNT_PRIMITIVES_OBSESSION,projects,alert_status,sg_i.CORE_RACD,SMELL_COUNT_REFUSED_BEQUEST,SMELL_COUNT_REINVENTED_WHEEL,sonargraph_relative_acd,sonargraph_relative_cyclicity,sg_i.CORE_RELATIVE_CYCLICITY_COMPONENTS,sg_i.JAVA_RELATIVE_CYCLICITY_PACKAGES,reliability_rating,new_reliability_rating,reliability_remediation_effort,new_reliability_remediation_effort,reopened_issues,security_rating,new_security_rating,security_remediation_effort,new_security_remediation_effort,skipped_tests,SMELL_COUNT,SMELL_COUNT_SOLUTION_SPRAWL,sg_i.CORE_SOURCE_ELEMENT_COUNT,SMELL_COUNT_SPECULATIVE_GENERALITY,statements,sg_i.STRUCTURAL_DEBT_COST,sonargraph_erosion_cost,sonargraph_erosion_index,sg_i.CORE_STRUCTURAL_DEBT_INDEX_COMPONENTS,sg_i.JAVA_STRUCTURAL_DEBT_INDEX_PACKAGES,sonargraph_erosion_ref,sonargraph_erosion_types,team_size,sqale_index,sqale_debt_ratio,new_sqale_debt_ratio,sonargraph_threshold_warnings,sg_i.CORE_TOTAL_LINES,sonargraph_type_dependencies,sonargraph_unassigned_types,SMELL_COUNT_OTHER,SMELL_COUNT_UNCOMMUNICATIVE_NAME,uncovered_conditions,new_uncovered_conditions,uncovered_lines,new_uncovered_lines,test_execution_time,test_errors,test_failures,tests,test_success_density,SMELL_COUNT_USELESS_TEST,sonargraph_violating_dependencies,sonargraph_violating_types,vulnerabilities,wont_fix_issues,sonargraph_workspace_warnings,SMELL_COUNT_WRONG_LANGUAGE,SMELL_COUNT_WRONG_LOGIC

Best regards,
Mateusz

Hi @mwocka,

If I remember correctly, this issue has been fix some time ago.
I would then encourage you to migrate to the latest LTS that were released yesterday : https://www.sonarqube.org/sonarqube-7-9-lts/

Regards

1 Like

Hi @julienlancelot,

Thank you I will check your advice.

Best regards,
Mateusz

Hi,

I’m getting the same issue as @mwocka, and I am using Sonarqube 7.9.1. Except I get an ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED when clicking on the Measures tab, I’d assume if it was Nginx or something blocking the long request URL then I would receive a 414 but no error code is displayed.

Kind regards,
Freddy