Sonarqube Project Dashboard Sorting issue

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    I am using Developer Edition Version 9.2.4 (build 50792)

• what are you trying to achieve

Basically want I want to achieve is that Sonarqube Project Dashboard to show the latest scan result.
Right now , it is not showing . If I will analyse some other branches of some random projects they will not appear at the top in the Project Dashboard panel.

Like bellow per example I have as the latest analysed projects those ones :

But in the meantime ( between those days) others projects ,branches (not the master) were analyzed but they didn’t appear at the top of the panel.

• what have you tried so far to achieve this

I’ve tried to sort in many ways and find some settings but without luck.

Based on which rule is this working ? It is normal ? Do we have some settings or plugins that may resolve that?

Thank you!

Hi,

The Projects page ‘Last analysis date’ sorts by the last analysis of the main branch, i.e. by the date that’s shown for the project on that page.

What you want isn’t currently available, so I’m going to move this to the ‘Suggest new features’ category.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thank you for the clarification.

Sebastian

Hi again Ann,

I am just wondering, it is a question, I don’t know if it can be done or not.

If I am using Jenkins Jobs to run Code Analyses, it’s there a possibility to write a script who works with Sonar API , and when I’ve run the Code Analyses job for a particular branch eg: release 10.1.1 for project X who has the main branch set as master , to changed the main branch for that project in release 10.1.1 so it will appear on the main Project Dasboard ?

Waiting for your response when you have time.
Thanks!

Hi,

In fact, we’ve had it in the list for a while now to be able to set a different branch as main, but it just hasn’t worked its way to the top of the list yet.

Ann

Hi,

Oki doki, Thank you for your kind and fast response.

Sebastian