Sonarqube email notification

Hi,

Could you please provide steps to explore the option to automatically send the Sonarqube reports through email?

Explore an option of email notification about newly introduced bug after code commit. Please note that if the developer committed/merged the code into develop branch, then the Jenkins job will automatically trigger and sync data into Sonarqube. If a new commit raised a new bug, then email notification automatically go to only developer.

Hi,

Sonarqube already has an email notification feature.
The documentation Notifications | SonarQube Docs doesn’t mention how to subscribe to notifications though - at least i didn’t find it.

See https://yoursonarhost/account/notifications

Overall notification for all projects you have permissions,
as admin i use this as a kind of heartbeat monitoring, getting mails for everything

or notification per project

emailnotification_project

The user assignment to issues works like mentioned here Issues | SonarQube Docs

User Correlation

Login and email correlations are made automatically. For example, if the user commits with their email address and that email address is part of their SonarQube profile, then new issues raised on lines where the user was the last committer will be automatically assigned to the user.

Additional correlations can be made manually in the user’s profile (see “SCM accounts” in Authorization for more).

Even better is it to use the Sonarlint IDE plugin, to get issues BEFORE commit.
Note that Sonarlint doesn’t support all language scanners.

Gilbert

Hi,

Thanks for providing the information.

I have configured the above steps but this notification get all users,

The developer committed/merged the code into develop branch, then the Jenkins job will automatically trigger and sync data into Sonarqube. If a new commit raised a new bug, then email notification automatically goes to only the developer.(Whoever commit the code on the branch)

What do you mean by

If ‘My new issues’ is activated you’ll only get a notification if the git blame info for
the commit that caused the issue matches with the email of your Sonarqube user account.
If someone else has activated ‘New issues’ for the same project he will also get a notification,
as this is independant of the git blame info.