Sonarlint reporting no issues after upgrade

After upgrading IntelliJ recently, the sonarlint plugin does not analyse java classes anymore. I can connect to the SonarCube server, select my project, and update bindings. So that all seems fine, except it doesn’t look like the plugin is actually initiating analyses. Not on Java files anyway, because it does report findings in e.g. a .js file.

IntelliJ IDEA 2019.2.1 (Ultimate Edition)
Build #IU-192.6262.58, built on August 20, 2019

SonarLint IntelliJ 4.1.0.3312

SonarCube server: 7.2.0.13530

Same basic situation here. I just upgraded to the same IntelliJ version as the OP, with the same version of SonarLint, though our server is at v7.7. However, the symptoms at our company are slightly different. When IntelliJ restarted after the upgrade, the following, and only. entry was in the event log:

8/23/2019
2:38 PM	SonarLint - Invalid binding
				Missing local storage for connection 'Production SonarQube Server'

Please update the binding in the SonarLint General Settings

After I updated the binding, I analyzed a JavaScript file, and where I had a matching 12 issues on the server and in the IDE, I now have 106 issues in the IDE. SonarLint is reporting issues that have been specifically excluded on the server (“Ignore Issues on Multiple Criteria”). Two of my teammates reported the same symptoms the other day, so now we’re pretty sure it has something to do with the upgrade, as uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, as well as updating the server bindings multiple times didn’t work. It appears we’re using the offline quality profile even though we’re in connected mode.

Hello, thank you for your feedback.

See answer here, a bugfix is in the works. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Why did it take 10 days to acknowledge the issue? There are multiple threads with the same basic symptoms, yet not a word from the SonarLint developers for more than a week.

This is a community forum, with a best effort response policy. We’d normally try to respond within a few days, and due to staff holidays there were fewer eyeballs to watch the forum, so no-one was able to pick this up.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience - and since the fix version is already available on the marketplace, please feel free to update.