Notifications about comments are not sent to users

Good afternoon.
Used software for Windows:
SonarQube ver. 7.9.1.27448, SonarScanner ver. 4.0.0.1744, 1C (BSL) Community Plugin ver. 1.1.1
All tinctures are made according to the instructions. All types of notifications were included under the user. The analysis is performed for 1C code through 1C (BSL) Community Plugin. After the first launch of SonarScanner, a new project is created in SonarQube, users are successfully mapped from GitLab and assigned to comments (errors in the code), but notification of comments does not occur, nor does it happen if a new object is created with errors in the code in the 1C configuration ( unloading occurs in an existing project). Notifications are sent only when re-assigning comments manually to users, as well as if comments appear in an existing project and configuration objects.
What could be the problem?

Hi,

By this

Are you talking about issue notifications? And if so, do the users in question actually have user accounts (Administration > Security > Users) in SonarQube? And if so, do those user accounts include email addresses? And if so, is email sending configured in your instance (Administration > Email)?

Ann

On all three questions - yes.

Hi,

Do you see errors in your SonarQube or mail server logs?

Ann

No, there are no errors in the logs. The fact of the matter is that the newsletter works, but not in all cases.

So some users get Issue notifications and others don’t? Then this is going to be a settings issue: the users aren’t really signed up, they’re configured with the wrong email addresses, they’ve filtered the messages to the trash and forgotten about it, their spam filters are catching the messages, …

Ann

No, all users get it, but not in all cases. Previously wrote: “After the first launch of SonarScanner, a new project is created in SonarQube, users are successfully mapped from GitLab and assigned to comments (errors in the code), but notification of comments does not occur, nor does it happen if a new object is created with errors in the code in the “1C” configuration ( unloading occurs in an existing project). Notifications are sent only when re-assigning comments manually to users, as well as if comments appear in an existing project and configuration objects.”

Hi,

I’m having a really hard time following what your problem is because your word choice is quite strange to me. For instance, what you continue to call “comments” are called “issues” within SonarQube, and since it’s possible to add comments to issues I find detangling your scenario quite difficult. Add that to the fact that I don’t know what “unloading occurs in an existing project” means, or what “configuration objects” are or what “a new object is created with errors in the code in the “1C” configuration” means, and I find it impossible to help you.

Ann

Through SonarScanner, a new project is being created in SonarQube. There are errors in the code, but notifications are not sent to users about errors. Even if an empty project was initially created in SonarQube and the code is first downloaded through SonarScanner, notifications to users about errors are not sent either. But if manually, I reassign errors to users - notifications are sent. This is one of the cases when notifications do not work.

Hi,

Can you give me a screenshot of the Notifications page for a user who should be getting notifications but is not? As an example, here’s mine:

Ann

All notifications are included.

So this user does not get notifications when an analysis raises new issue, but does get notifications when you manually assign an issue through the UI…?

If that’s the case then I suspect we’re dealing with what the system sees as two separate users: one with the SCM account and one with the account name you’re familiar with. Please check your user list (Administration > Security > Users) to see if that’s the case.

Ann

Yes, with a manual appointment, notifications come, I wrote about this earlier.
SCM account were not created.

As I said, I suspect your users’ SCM accounts aren’t synched in SonarQube to their SQ accounts.

Ann

What to do next?

Pick a user and look at the account. See if the SCM account/login is associated with the user account in SonarQube.

Ann

scrin3
Accout SCM was not explicitly created, but signature below
“Login and email address are automatically considered SCM accounts”
Is this considered a connection? What needs to be configured so that notifications work in all cases?

What does this user log in to SCM with?

Ann

I did not configure SCM, I don’t even know what it is. Where to check, configure?
Default settings.
scrin4

Hi,

This is not about configuring SCM integration. This is about making sure each user’s SCM account is associated with her SonarQube account. As an example, my GH login is not the same as my company email address:

Selection_757

Ann