Yes, I know, this has been asked already, e.g. in the Google Groups. Let me explain what I need.
Sadly, my company does not always find certain rules compatible with what they do. (I would not like to discuss the details of that, because it’s a reoccurring problem.)
They would like to reduce maintenance effort on plugin upgrades for a given language. When the Sonar way of a language changes due to a plugin upgrade, I would like to:
- Be able to deactivate certain rules from profiles inherited from the Sonar way (globally!).
- Be able to review conveniently what rules have been removed/added/changed in the parent way, and take an appropriate action like, approve or make other actions like deactivating or changing the settings of a rule in the child profile. (If an inherited rule is deleted, I guess we will just accept it.)
In other words, I would like to manage child profiles as a diff view of the parent.
Thanks in advance.
(BTW, we use the Enterprise Edition of SonarQube.)
Why I opened this ticket when there are similar topics:
- Deactivate rule in inherited profile => Does not have any answers.
- Extended Quality profile has no option to deactivate rules => Does not acknowledge that it’s too much maintenance effort to manage profiles with the current limitations. And several people asked a feature like this anyway.
- Change Rule type in Quality Profile => No answer.