Extended Quality profile has no option to deactivate rules

I’ve created a Quality profile by extending an existing one.
I see option to change rule but don’t see the option to deactivate rules in the extended Quality Profile. Can’t I deactivate rules in extended QualityProfile?

1 Like

Hi,

This is working as designed. If you want to be able to remove rules, then you’ll have to copy the rules from Default to SmartQuote, rather than using inheritance. Does that mean you’ll have to cascade updates to Default into SmartQuote manually? Unfortunately, yes.

HTH,
Ann

This isn’t ideal. We’d like to maintain inheritance from a base set of rules - because they are continually improved, extended, etc.

2 Likes

Indeed, this if far from ideal. We have a company wide ruleset and allow projects to deviate in specific cases. As we continually improve the company wide set all changes must be updated manually in the project specific settings. @ganncamp Is this behavior subject to change in the (near) future? So we can have a company wide ruleset that can be updated and this update will be reflected in de deviating rulesets for a specific project?

Hi @jhoek

Welcome to the community!

We have no plans to change this behavior.

May I suggest a different approach? Instead of allowing separate profiles, I would stick to inheritance and allow teams to downgrade those specific rules to Info. Either that, or use a multiple-criteria exclusion to turn them off for the project even while using the company profile.

HTH,
Ann

This can now be voted on, thanks @ganncamp !

1 Like