How to change existing rules in SonarLint

Please provide

• Operating system:Windows
  • SonarLint plugin version:6.2
  • Programming language you’re coding in: Java
  • Is connected mode used:No

And a thorough description of the problem / question:
There is a article which says we can configure existing rules in SonarLint without connecting to SonarCloud(Configure rule thresholds in SonarLint) but the configuration option is disabled in my local. Is there any way to modify these pre-defined threshold values in SonarLint in eclipse?

Hi @Shadipuram_Akshay ,

You have to enable the rule (check the checkbox in front of the rule name in the treeview) before being able to edit the rule’s parameters.

The image which I have uploaded previously was a wrong reference. I can’t find parameters option in my eclipse as shown in below image

What should I do to get that parameters option(I have clicked on the Rules configuration option but it is of no use)?

This looks like a UI glitch or a bug. Maybe try to resize the window, sometimes it might help.

Since you are on SonarLint 6.2, I guess you are stuck with an outdated version of Eclipse, and you can’t upgrade to a more recent version right?

Unfortunately, we can’t support such old versions.

Yeah, what you have said is right. I have tried to resize the window ,then I got the parameters option. Thanks for helping me out

When we change a rule through rules configuration in eclipse, in which file location it gets reflected?

Rules configuration is stored in the instance preference scope. This should end up in the file: <eclipse install dir>/configuration/.settings/org.sonarlint.eclipse.ui.prefs