Error while downloading plugin '<any_plugin>' with version '<version>'. No compatible plugin found

SonarQube 7.5 vanilla install
Error message when attempting to install a plugin from the Marketplace

Error while downloading plugin '<any_plugin>' with version '<version>'. No compatible plugin found.

“any_plugin” and “version” are just placeholders above as it doesn’t matter which plugin I try to install, I get the name of that plugin and the version listed in the marketplace that is compatible with SonarQube 7.5.

If I curl https://update.sonarsource.org/ from the machine running SonarQube, I get a “You are not authorized.” message. I get the same message when I curl from my local machine.

Not sure what happened, but this was working less than 2 weeks ago.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Support for versions below 7.9.* - the current LTS - was removed from the marketplace earlier this month. This is likely your root cause. You should upgrade to 7.9.2 or 8.1 - the current version - at your earliest convenience. As you’ve discovered, versions older than the current LTS are no longer supported.

HTH,
Ann

Well, that would explain it! Where might I find information like that in the future? I took a look and the SonarQube blog and Twitter feed and didn’t see any mention of it. And I didn’t go back that far either. Please let me know so I can be better prepared in the future. Thanks!

Hi,

We don’t publish a Marketplace cleanup schedule because a) we only do it every ~18months, and b) as soon as a new version is released, the previous non-LTS version is unsupported. Theoretically that means you’re going to upgrade away from it quickly and won’t know or care a year or two later when it’s dropped from the Marketplace.

That said, our policy is to clean old versions out of the Marketplace 6mo after the release of a new LTS.

HTH,
Ann