Disable automatic comments on Azure Devops Pull Request

Hi,

Since our last update of sonar (currently on Developer Edition * Version 9.3) we are facing of a problem. When we perform a pull request on Azure Devops, automatic comments are added in the PR.

And theses comments are for all the sererity problem but in our quality gate we are blocking only Blocker and Critical issues.

By the way, we are searching to disable theses automatics comments.
After a lot of search, i found a property for “GitHub” and not Azure Devops to perform that :

-Dsonar.github.disableInlineComments=false \

Is it exist the same property for Azure Devops ALM or how can i disable this ?

Thanks by advance for your Help.

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

I don’t have any background in ADO. Is the problem that even if the Quality Gate passes, just the presence of a comment on your PR blocks the merge?

Ann

It’s an configurable option to block a pull request with open comments.

I think it’s a better idea to also configure which severity level is commented in the pull request, so you could set it to blocker and critical .

1 Like

Hi Ann,

The problem is that the major and minror issue are raised into the Pull Request but we don’t managed them.
So we can have a lot of issue to resolve in ADO and we lost time.

Vincent

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the additional detail.

Take a look at this thread, please and see if it helps:

Ann

1 Like

Hi Julian,

Where can you configure that ?

Tks

Hi Ann,

When i reset the configuration and do it again. I didn’t find a tab named “Pull Request Decoration” ?

Hi,

The screenshot you’ve posted matches up to what’s shown in the thread I referred you to. I.E. with the DevOps Platform Integration tab, you’re in the right place.

Ann

Branch policies in Azure Devops

1 Like

Did you find a way to disable this, I am also looking for same