Community Edition

Hello,

I freshly installed SonarQube community Edition v7.4, none of the page in sonarqube is not opening and it is in state of loading for all the time per the attachment. Tried in different browsers even then the behaviour is same and finally disabled cache ( referred to page [SonarQube 7.2.1 Developer never loads]) in developers tools and tried to load page several times the page comes for a bit of time and flashes out again if i switch my page or access sonarqube page after sometime.
All the logs files (sonar.log, es.log, web.log) for soanrqube is clear and we don’t have any Error or information when the page is in loading state often. Isolating what is hanging is difficult, could someone help on this.?

Hi,

You say this instance is freshly installed, but I still need to ask: did you upgrade from a previous version?

Also, do you have a proxy in front of this instance? Are your attempts to reach the instance showing up in the access log ($SONARQUBE_HOME/logs/access.log)?

Ann

You say this instance is freshly installed, but I still need to ask: did you upgrade from a previous version?

No, i didn’t upgrade it is new install from sonarqube 7.4 package

Also, do you have a proxy in front of this instance? Are your attempts to reach the instance showing up in the access log ( $SONARQUBE_HOME/logs/access.log )?

NO Proxy. ( can i know why you are checking with proxy question…??)yes my attempts are showing up in access log.

Hi,

I was asking whether you have a proxy because it’s a prime culprit in situations where the server looks fine but the browser has problems; the first thing I look at in such situations is whatever’s between them.

But you say there’s no proxy. So okay…

Now that I look more closely at your screenshot, I see that you have errors (Selection_239). What do you see if you click on the Console tab?

Also, when you request a page from SonarQube, you’ve already seen that several calls are made to the back end. Can you verify that each one of those is showing up in the access log?

Ann

Hi Anudeep,

The access log shows the response code for each request. For instance, here’s a line from the access log of my localhost showing success (200) for the current call that your screenshots show as failing on the browser side:

0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 - - [14/Dec/2018:10:55:37 -0500] "GET /api/users/current HTTP/1.1" 200 98 "http://localhost:9000/" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.77 Safari/537.36" "AWetbikbLLbzKtI8AAAE"

What I’m trying to establish when I keep asking about your access log is where the problem is. Your browser says the calls were made and not responded to. Does your web server (access log) agree with that? If it does, then we need to look more closely at your server logs because there should be something in there. If your web server doesn’t agree, then we’re back to something between the client and the server interfering with communication.

Your initial screenshot shows 3 failed calls. Can you find the analogous lines in your access.log to see if the server thinks they succeeded?

Ann

Hi,

Your access log shows a status code of 200 for each request. That means the server received the request, processed it successfully and sent back the expected results. So now, you need to do some network sleuthing (sorry, I can’t help you with that) to figure out what’s intercepting the results.

Ann