SonarQube version 6.7 LTS installation

(Yashaswini Rao) #1

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

  • which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) 6.7 LTS (community version)
  • what are you trying to achieve- Access SonarQube URL
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    Installed sonarqube server from https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-sonarqube-on-centos-7 article on my CentOS 7 virtual machine. Followed all instructions step by step but could not access sonarqube UI.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Y

(G Ann Campbell) #2

Hi Y,

There are 2 things to note about the guide you used: it has you install Java 8, the days of which are numbered, and it has you download SonarQube 6.4, which is no longer supported. Beyond that, a skim of the directions looks like they have you basically doing the right things, altho it’s worth nothing that a reverse proxy isn’t necessary.

So the questions are:

  • what is your symptom for “could not access sonarqube UI”?
  • are you sure your service actually started up?
  • were there any errors in the logs?
  • what happens if you bypass / turn off the proxy?

 
Ann

(Yashaswini Rao) #3

Thanks for taking time to respond to my question.

  1. I did not install the 6.4 version, but instead installed the 6.7 LTS. symptom is when I go to my browser and access the url by typing it, its page not found, unavailable error.
  2. yes, when I check the status with systemctl status sonar, it is running
  3. yes, but I am a beginner and it is very complex for me to understand logs
  4. I did not try turning off the proxy, but I tried by both setting up proxy and using localhost. In both the cases I cannot see the ui
(G Ann Campbell) #4

Hi,

You don’t necessarily have to understand the logs, but it would help if you would share the errors you found.

 
:slight_smile:
Ann

(Yashaswini Rao) #5

I dont have any errors, the service is up and running. but when I enter url its unreachable

(G Ann Campbell) #6

Hi,

To recap, your SonarQube instance is up and running, with no errors in the logs. But you get some kind of error in the browser when you try to reach it.

With no errors in the SQ logs, I have to say the problem is outside SonarQube.

Since you have a proxy in front of it, that’s where I’d look.

 
Ann