Build step does not appear in available list after installing SonarQube in tfs

Using on premise Team Foundation Server 2015 version 4 and your plugin version 4.6.0.584

When we install the plugin we get the new endpoint however we do not see the three new build tasks as expected.

Have tried using the version on the visual studio marketplace and also the one on your github releases. Neither version display the tasks. Have tested with other plugins and those tasks appear instantly so I don’t believe it’s an issue with our instance.

Matthew,

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=SonarSource.sonarqube lists support for TFS 2017 Update 2 and above (suddenly I’m very nostalgic for my days as a TFS admin).

Where you able to install this from the marketplace or did you install it manually?

Best regards,

Colin

Hi Colin,

I installed it manually.

Ah ok, didn’t notice that message on the right however there was also this line.

Note for TFS installations older than TFS 2017 Update 2 : to install the extension, please follow instructions available on the “SonarQube Extension 3.0” documentation page.

I read that and assumed it would be supported. I assume that’s not the case then?

Thanks,

Matt

Well, you would have to install v3.x of the extension rather than 4.x, as instructed on the linked documentation :slight_smile:

1. Download the latest 3.x VSIX on the “Releases” page of the GitHub repository
  2. Install it through the TFS
  3. Navigate to the “Manage Extensions” page on your TFS server
  4. Click on the green Upload new extension button on the top right and follow the instructions.

Yeah that’s working now. My mistake thanks for your help.