ADO access Need Admin Approval

• ALM used Azure DevOps
  • CI system used Azure DevOps
  • Scanner command used when applicable NA
  • Languages of the repository NA
  • Only if the SonarCloud project is public, the URL NA
  • Error observed (wrap logs/code around with triple quotes ``` for proper formatting)
Need admin approval

Sonarcloud

Sonarcloud needs permission to access resources in your organization that only an admin can grant. Please ask an admin to grant permission to this app before you can use it.
  • Steps to reproduce Any new user within our org tries to connect.

When we started using sonarcloud, we had the users log in with their ADO account and then they would send me the sonarcloud ID so that I could add it to the organization.

The Accounts arr Azure active directory, and they also have access to ADO. This worked before the break, but now when a new user tries to access they get the need admin approval note.

There was one post on this in November, however a resolution was not posted.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Hi @JohnW ,

Could you please tell me if users that face this note are user trying to create a new account on SonarCloud, or accounts that already exist and try to login with ?

Thanks.

They are creating a new account.

Hi,

It turns out that the admin of the Azure AD has probably deactivated the possibility for non-admin users to consent apps to accessing data on their behalf (a.k.a. delegated permissions)

For example, here is our setting at SonarSource (so we don’t see the kind of prompt that you saw)

As a reminder, we are using only permissions that are grantable by non-admin users.

So the solution might be to probably ask an admin for either trigger to Yes the first option on the screenshot, or consent the app for the whole tenant by login on SonarCloud.

Let me know.

Thank you.

Any chance you can repost the image?

and Thank you very much.

Sure, i edited the post, can you see it now ?

Yes.

Thank you very much.