Upgrading to sonarqube server

hello I am using below version of sonarqube (checked in GUI)
reason for upgrade- current version does not understand/support null coalesce operator.

Version 6.7.1 (build 35068)

I want to upgrade this to latest possible version. below are my query

1. what is the upgradation path?
  2. can I upgrade to latest version 8.1 directly?

When upgrading SonarQube you must upgrade to any Long Term Support (LTS) versions you’ll pass.

So I believe your path will be 6.7.1 > 7.9.2 LTS > 8.1.

All versions of SonarQube can be found here.

Thanks, I also noticed to one LTS version in between. so, should i download the SonarQube 7.9.2 LTS community edition?

yes :slight_smile:

thanks again.
should I follow below url docs for upgrading to 7.9.2 LTS?
https://docs.sonarqube.org/7.9/setup/upgrading/

You could use that one. Or there’s a little more information on this one if you need it.

One thing to note is that MySQL is deprecated from version 7.9 onward, so if you currently use that for your database you’ll have to move to another software.

my sonarqube server is on ubuntu OS. how to check which DB i use for/on sonarqube server?

I’m not sure.

This link may help with the upgrade though.

hello Gerallt Hayes, are you there?

hello?

getting below error while migrating DB from mysql to postgresql
Could not determine SonarQube version of the target database. Could not select version from schema_migrations. ERROR: relation “schema_migrations” does not exist
Position: 21

now getting below error-

root@sonarqube:~/mysqlmigrator/mysql-migrator-1.1.0.119/bin# ./mysql-migrator -source source.properties -target target.properties
Mon Jan 27 16:37:01 CET 2020 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server’s identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn’t set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to ‘false’. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.
Versions in source and target database don’t match: 1837 != 1838
root@sonarqube:~/mysqlmigrator/mysql-migrator-1.1.0.119/bin#

Hi @irshadan,

It’s best to keep it to one question per thread. If you have new topics, please create new threads.

Ann