Upgrade of Sonarqube CE to EE Trial

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) : 8.4.2
  • what are you trying to achieve
    We have Sonarqube CE with around 40 projects and now our management team wants to try out features in EE edition as they are exploring couple of products. They are interested in the PDF reports which I saw as part of Governance plugin.
    We need help on deciding below points
  1. Should we upgrade our existing CE to EE trial.? Is there a separate package for EE?
  2. Or create new EE instance for trial? (Trial to EE license can take 3-4 months if approved).
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    Searched in this forum, and got few answers but above questions were still not answered.

Hi @vishnuvpott,

Our editions have their own specific binaries here.
We recommend, if you want to try EE, to download and set up an “evaluation” server, with some specific projects onboarded, to test the features, and not jeopardise your production in case there is any issue.

The process to follow is:

• download the EE package here
  • set up your EE evaluation server
  • send a request from trial here with your ServerID information (after having downloaded and installed the EE binaries, go to your SonarQube UI, in the Administration menu > System > System Infos), and mention the volume of lines of code you want for the trial purpose (there is no need to scan all your projects to try, select only few projects that are relevant for the features you would like to check)

For your information, the license key for the evaluation is valid for 14 days.
When you send the trial request, you will be in touch with one of our Sales rep to discuss these points.

Carine

Thanks @Carine_Bayon
I filled the form, however I didnt saw any field capturing server ID.
I tried emailing to contact@sonarsource.com and the email bounced.

Hi,

if you filled the form, you will be contacted by one of our Sales rep and he/she will ask you for the ServerID in case you want to evaluate.

Carine