Sync modified SQ issue type with SonarLint

Currently, when a specific issue’s type and severity are manually changed in SQ, and SonarLint in Eclipse (CodeReady) is updated, the issue list in the SonarLint On-The-Fly window correctly updates the severity, but not the type, which still shows the old type. (I’m not sure if that’s the default type for that rule or the type as defined by the quality profile, but either way, it’s not the type according to the setting on the specific issue.)

I’ve been told this is not a bug, but just a missing capability. So I’d like to request this as a new feature.

Hi @MisterPi and thanks for sharing this. The reason why we implemented so far the synchronisation from SonarQube to SonarLint only for issue severity is that we think it is where we bring most value. For example, quoting your feedback in Connected mode not noticing resolution changes

Actually, changing issue type is a VERY useful feature. There are many issues where a rule catches a lot of things that aren’t that bad. (See S2111 should check for integer equivalence for example.) We could mark them false positive, but we’d still like to direct attention to them, just not as urgently as the true bugs. So “demoting” them to code smells is one way to do that.

My feeling is, if you want to keep those issues as valid for your project (not marking them as False Positives), and you deem at the same time those issues are not critical for you, you should probably think about reducing their severity rather than changing the issue type.
We have no short-term plans of changing the current behaviour, and of course we may reconsider this if we see a widespread interest among our users.

The paragraph of mine you cited was actually in response to this:

“AFAIK changing issue type is not very common, and I think it is more likely to be removed from SonarQube than added to SonarLint.”

Is there a way to configure the server to exclude issues with INFO severity out of the statistics?

I believe this last question deserves its own topic in the “Get Help > SonarQube” category.