Supported compiler issue on LTS 7.9.1 - TI CCS

Seems that the ARM6 compiler we’re using should be supported according to documentation, but we’re getting empty output JSON files when using the wrapper

Sonarqube 7.9.1 LTS
Scanner sonar-scanner-cli-4.6.0.2311-windows
TI CCS compiler for MSP432

Error observed: ‘’'10:39:44.913 ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The “build-wrapper-dump.json” file was found empty. Please make sure that:

• you are using the latest version of the build-wrapper and the SonarCFamily analyzer
  • your compiler is supported
  • you are wrapping your build correctly
  • you are wrapping a full/clean build’’’

Steps:
cd Source

“C:\ti\ccs920\ccs\utils\bin\gmake” -k -j 4 clean -O

build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir .\build_wrapper_output_directory “C:\ti\ccs920\ccs\utils\bin\gmake” -k -j 4 all -O

cd …

sonar-scanner -Dsonar.projectKey= -Dsonar.sources=. -Dsonar.host.url= -Dsonar.login= -Dsonar.cfamily.build-wrapper-output=Source\build_wrapper_output_directory

Hi @jhill2769 ,

what version of the CFamily analyzer do you have installed in your SonarQube instance? Note that Texas Instruments compilers support was added in CFamily analyzer 6.10, you may have to use a newer SonarQube version to use a more recent version of the analyzer.

What is the executable name of the compiler you are using? Are we talking about cl430.exe described in CPP-2551]?

Yep, looks like we’re running 6.8.0.16475. I’ll get our IT to update. Thanks!

Any idea where we can get CFamily analyzer 6.10? I only see 6.11 in the documentation, and that requires Sonarqube 8.4 or higher.

Hi @jhill2769 ,

CFamily 6.8 is the latest available in SonarQube LTS 7.9. In order to use a newer version it requires to use a newer version of SonarQube. FYI, SonarQube 8.7 contains CFamily analyzer 6.17.0.27551, with a lot of new features and great improvements since version 6.8.

Thanks Massimo. We use Sonarqube 8.7 in another context and it works great. I’ll talk to our IT about making the switch from the LTS version to latest.

Hi @jhill2769 ,

thank you for your notification, and glad that it works.