SonarQube stuck on infinite loading screen

Trying to setup SonarQube on Ubuntu 18.04 server.

Following the basic get started tutorial (Try Out SonarQube | SonarQube Docs) leaves me with an infinite loading screen when trying to access it in the browser, as well as locally with curl or lynx. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Same for both the docker and the zipfile. On my personal laptop I was able to use the given Docker without issues

Hello @sveldema and welcome to the community :wave:

this looks like there is an issue with JS blocking or a reverse proxy with a wrong configuration in front of the sonarqube instance. can you describe your infrastructure a little more in depth?

The sonarqube is behind an nginx reverse proxy consisting of 1 proxy_pass line, however, when using curl localhost:9000 on the server or using lynx on the server, I get the same Loading page, so it seems the issue is not related to the proxy.

debugging this with curl or lynx might be a little misleading as both do not support rendering via javascript and the infinite spinner is due to a failure in loading the required javascript files.

can you dig a little bit in your nginx logs and in you sonarqube logs? maybe we can find something here. also i have experienced that sonarqube (or tomcat to be more precise) be confused when you set the web context to something like /foo/baz, so maybe this is something to check in your deployment.

I was able to resolve it, the problem was indeed a faulty reverse proxy configuration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.