SonarQube Spanish pack

Hi everybody:

In the last weeks I worked in the upgrade of the Spanish Pack for Sonarqube and last week I did one pull request for this plugin but it seems that there are not reviewers available… I just did another pull request with some fixes.

Could somebody help me and let me know how to proceed?

Thank you

Kind Regards

Ruben

Hi Ruben,

This project appears abandoned by its original maintainer (no commits since 2015). Since it’s in the SonarQubeCommunity organization, we have the power to transfer ownership if a new maintainer steps up and asks for it…

:wink:
Ann

Hi Ann:

I would like to continue with the development of this plugin. Please, could you add me as maintainer?

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

Ruben

Hi Ruben,

Since you’ve asked for it, we’ll transfer ownership of the repo to you (rather than just adding you as a maintainer).

What’s your github id?

Ann

Hi Ann:

My github id is rubenmelcon

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

Ruben

Thanks Ruben. I’ve put the wheels in motion on my side. You should hear something soon. If you don’t, feel free to ping me on this thread.

Ann

Hi Ann, Ruben,

We are still maintaining the Spanish Pack localization at excentia but there was a problem (time is running fast because it was in 2015!) with maven dependencies that we couldn’t solve (when codehaus disappeared). The problem forced us to create a new plugin on our own. Since then we have been keeping up to date the plugin.

We are sorry because we forgot to commit back the changes to the community repository.

Do you mind if we try to fix the problem and bring it back with our latest version and merging Ruben’s code?

Thanks!

I have just merged the pull request. All the dependency problems were solved by Ruben :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the contribution!

@ganncamp please, let us know how to proceed… maybe we can both manage the repository…

Hi Antonio:

I’m glad to hear that my changes helped you with the issues in the dependencies. Don’t worry about my code in the current version (already merged in the public repository) and don’t hesitate to override them with your work. My changes were still under testing and I already detected a couple of issues that were not in the PR.

If you find any issues with the new release, please let me know and I will try to help you.

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

Ruben

Hi Ruben,
could you remove your fork of the project in github
The project can’t be transferred to you if you already have one with the same name in your account
Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

Nevermind the transfer, please.

Ann

Hi Antonio,

Am I correct in thinking that you (excentia) intend to resume maintenance of the (public) Spanish localization pack and resume publishing updates?

If that’s the case, then I suggest we transfer ownership of the repo to you, you can add @Ruben as a maintainer, and go from there.

Also, since we now have an updated version of the language pack, perhaps you could do a release so we can get a current version into the marketplace? :slight_smile:

And on that note, I’m looking at the marketplace, and the version released in 2015 is marked compatible with the current version of SonarQube, but I guess you’re saying compatibility ended with 5.6(?), so I should update the data files?

Thx,
Ann

Hi Ann,

Am I correct in thinking that you (excentia) intend to resume maintenance of the (public) Spanish localization pack and resume publishing updates?

Yes, you are.

If that’s the case, then I suggest we transfer ownership of the repo to you, you can add @Ruben as a maintainer, and go from there.

For me it’s ok.

Also, since we now have an updated version of the language pack, perhaps you could do a release so we can get a current version into the marketplace? :slight_smile:

Let me merge the latest terms from SonarQube 7.x version and we will proceed with the update.

And on that note, I’m looking at the marketplace, and the version released in 2015 is marked compatible with the current version of SonarQube, but I guess you’re saying compatibility ended with 5.6(?), so I should update the data files?

Yes, you are right.

Hope to have a release this week that supports 6.7 and later.

Thanks!

Hi Antonio,

Can you give me the github id of the account you’d like to take ownership of the repo, please?

Thx
Ann

My GitHub id is “acalero”

Thanks!

Internal wheels re-started.

:slight_smile:
Ann

Hi Antonio, check your email account linked to the acalero github account, you should have received a transfer request.
Best Regards
Tom

Hi Thomas!

I have just confirmed the transfer.

Thank you for you support! I’ll release a new version as soon as possible.

Hi Thomas,

One doubt… why other l10n pulgins are still in SonarQubeCommunity and are not transferred?
What is the difference?

Thanks!

Hi Antonio,

I can answer that one. Its only in the last few years that we started transferring out ownership of repos in SonarQubeCommunity - as people asked for them. I made an announcement about the policy shift when it happened, but I don’t think it got much notice.

The current maintainer of any repo in that organization can ask for a transfer and get it. But the clerical work on our side to figure out whether and by whom a repo is maintained, and then contact the person to offer a transfer just isn’t in the schedule.

Ann