SonarQube Embed Database configuration with Azure SQL Database

Hello,

SonarQube Developer Edition is running as a Contain instance in Azure and our SQL DB are in Azure as well. We use SSMS to access the the Azure Server Database. Is there any instruction on how to embed a database with this setup?

Thanks

Hi,

Could you expand on “embed”? What you’re after isn’t clear to me.

Ann

Hi

Thanks for responding. I’m trying to remove the H2 Database and embed our own DB. Based on the message below shouldn’t use the H2 DB in production. Based on our configuration are there any instructions on how that can be done.

Hi,

Okay! So you don’t need to “embed” your own database. You just need to point to a database outside of SonarQube. To do that you’ll edit the $SONARQUBE-HOME/conf/sonar.properties file. The docs will get you started.

HTH,
Ann

That’s where I’m confused. How can I access that file if SQ is in a container instance and not download on to my computer?

Hi,

I guess you’ll do it via envvars?

Ann

yea, I think I’m going to have to terminate the container instance and redo it with the necessary environment variables which is what I was I afraid of. It doesn’t look like you can add env vars to an already running instances in azure. :frowning_face:

Thanks

To be fair, even if it weren’t in a container you’d have to restart to change the DB.

Ann