Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):
- which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
- how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
- what are you trying to achieve
We have got a developer edition of sonarqube with version 9.8 running. We have upgraded licence to enterprise.
Now to apply the licence the steps that I am planning are below. Please review and let me know if I am on right track for this upgrade.
- Download 9.9 LTS developer edition and upgrade current 9.8 server to 9.9 LTS
- Once the server is online after upgrade, apply enterprise licence through licence manager
(Will step2 change my developer edition to enterprise)
After seeing both developer and enterprise binaries from the download page, these steps came to my mind. Should I go with this approach.
- First Upgrade 9.8 developer edition to 9.9 LTS developer edition
- Download 9.9 LTS Enterprise edition
- Connect the database to Enterprise
- Start server
- From licence manager apply enterprise licence
- what have you tried so far to achieve this
Downloaded Enterprise edition and setup a staging environment on a blank database. This is setup and working. We haven’t copied production data to staging database yet. Planning to do it after applying a staging licence.