SonarSource is proud to announce the release of SonarQube 8.3, which includes effortless set up of branch and PR analysis in Jenkins and more analysis info in your ALM. Details on those topics and more in the official announcement.
In addition, there are a few other things you want to be aware of. First, we’ve made a number of performance improvements in this version :
- Java analysis performance is restored nearly to baseline, while the improved accuracy introduced by previous changes is retained.
- Report analysis processing has been sped up (SONAR-12691), with additional improvements for users on Oracle or SQLServer. (SONAR-12928)
- Browsing the Issues and Projects pages in large instances is faster too. (SONAR-13204, SONAR-13104)
- Applications have moved to the Projects page.
- The Security Hotspots Reviewed on New Code metric has been added to the built-in Quality Gate.
- More server properties are configurable via environmental variables (SONAR-13272)
- Coverage for .NET now includes branch/condition coverage, not just line coverage. Because of this, your coverage percentage could drop post-upgrade.