SonarLint read sonar-project.properties?

Does SonarLint read settings from the sonar-project.properties file in the root of a repo?
If not, can a ticket be open for it to read from it?

I find without a global configuration on SonarCloud it makes it a real pain to manage consistent settings across repositories. Right now the only option is for me to use a sonar-project.properties file or manually enter settings each and every time I create a SonarCloud project. It would be really great for SonarLint to read from the sonar-project.properties if one exists.

We already discussed this possibility in the past, but we always rejected it, because of multi-module complexity (previously, for multi-module projects, it was required to bind each module individually).
Now the situation is different, since we have removed modules on SonarCloud server side, and changed SonarLint to be “smart” enough to find the best match between IDE modules and SonarCloud folders.

All that to say that I was about to answer “no”, but after more thinking, that could (now) be an interesting option. I will discuss that internally, and we will come back to you.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Interesting. Modules were a legacy feature?

Thanks for considering.

Yes, they were coming from the Maven world, not playing well with other modular build systems were for example you can have the same file part of multiple modules. Now on server side we have only a physical view, with folders and files.

Is this still open.I’m looking to configure SonarLint from Sonar.properties file.trying to configure sonarLint in IntelliJ with grade plugin