SonarCloud automatic analysis fails with analysis ID “AY2oStyyxtXrz-c3WT__”

Hello SonarCloud team,

I am using SonarCloud automatic analysis for my GitHub repository, but I keep getting the following error message:

Last analysis failed Analysis ID “AY2oStyyxtXrz-c3WT__” The last analysis has failed. If it keeps on failing after several attempts, please contact us on Community forum and provide the following failing analysis ID: “AY2oStyyxtXrz-c3WT__”.

I have checked the documentation and the community forum, and I found that this issue was reported by other users on February 1st. However, the error still persists for me, even after disabling and re-enabling the automatic analysis feature.

Could you please look into this issue and provide a solution or a workaround? I appreciate your help and support.

Thank you.

Hi again;

The issue is still there 13 days later. Failed analysis IDs:

• AY1Z4HbeWOjICKPR4vXv
  • AY2oStyyxtXrz-c3WT__
  • AY2sYPzVgX2TZpMMJoqX
  • AY15CMrxR2ob7AwlxwTY
  • AY3KVxwa6D7Fh02lisBl
  • AY3RqSk7nNFBGBRRQWYw
  • AY3r4Umi5xJ4nw5w4B0g

Thanks in advance

Hey @pablo-olmedo-poex

We’re aware of the issue and looking into it. It doesn’t appear to be widespread, but it appears to have started on or around January 29th and affects 1-2% of automatic analyses.

In the meantime, you may want to switch to CI-based analysis. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey @pablo-olmedo-poex,

Currently, our analyzer fails when TSconfig files have references such as extends to TSconfig files that it cannot access such as the ones located in dependencies. For autoscan, this is an issue because we do not download the dependencies before running the analysis.
To fix this issue, we recommend bringing the compiler options in the referenced TSconfig file into the one that is part of your project and removing any extends property pointing to TSconfig files in dependencies.

An alternative is using the scan in CI/CD where node_modules can be installed before the analysis.

3 Likes

Hi Ilia;

I’ve just removed the dependency of the @vue/tsconfig package and the error persists.

The id of the analysis is AY4ZObWkyESsHWty0XgO.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello Pablo,

From the logs, I get the following lines:

2024-03-07 14:03:41.599,WARN: Could not find tsconfig.json: /node_modules/@portfolio/style-guide/typescript/tsconfig.config.json/tsconfig.json; falling back to an empty configuration.
2024-03-07 14:03:41.604,WARN: Could not find tsconfig.json: /node_modules/@portfolio/style-guide/typescript/tsconfig.vue.json/tsconfig.json; falling back to an empty configuration.
2024-03-07 14:03:41.615,WARN: Could not find tsconfig.json: /node_modules/@portfolio/style-guide/typescript/tsconfig.vitest.json/tsconfig.json; falling back to an empty configuration.

Could you also try to move the config from the mentioned TSconfigs?
Also, we will release a fix for VueJS next week, which should be deployed on the week of April 1st.

Best,
Ilia

2 Likes

Hi Ilia;

We stopped using @vue/tsconfig and copied the configs into our own local package. We’re using a monorepo and have the TS config shared between all packages this way.

It’s said to be a best practice and we prefer not to stop using it that way.

We’ll see what happens on April 1st.

1 Like

Hi SonarCloud team;

From April 1st, the automatic analyses seem to be working again without making any further changes.

Best regards.

2 Likes

Hi Pablo,

We made changes to the vue.js analysis to address some of the problems users had been reporting.

I’m happy to hear things are better for you, thanks for letting us know!