Sonar is under maintenance

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• i have installed sonar latest 7.3 version with latest 10.5 postgresql
    after the installation UI got stuck in maintenance mode. would you please suggest me what i should in order to be happy(seeing the perfect UI)

Veeresh,

What do you see in the logs folder of your SonarQube install directory? That’s the first important step in troubleshooting SonarQube.

Colin

1 Like

Yes,your true the first thing we should always look at logs of any software like here sonar.
my log messages in an image .

it says i need to upgrade the database, but my sonar is back-ended with latest 10.5 postgresql database version and latest sonar version 7.3.

your suggestion helps me .

thank you!

1 Like

Veeresh,

That is not referring to the database engine needing upgraded but the schema. I can understand why that could get confusing. It’s essentially saying a database migration is required.

If you go to the setup page your SonarQube instance (http://myinstance:9000/setup for example), what do you see? It should allow you to initiate the migration at the click of a button. The status of the migration should be tracked in web.log, if memory serves correctly.

This generic documentation on Upgrading SonarQube might also be useful to you.

Colin

1 Like

My sonar.properties looks like below
web.host.url: x.x.x.x
web.port:9000

web.context:/sonar

when i enter http://x.x.x.x:9000/setup

i get a response as in an image

Veeresh,

What if you browse to x.x.x.x:9000/sonar/setup?

Colin

1 Like

it is now took me to databse upgrade page, but is is giving me this error

2018.09.15 10:48:56 ERROR web[][DbMigrations] #2210 'Add 'securityhotspotadmin' permission to templates characteristics already having 'issueadmin'': failure | time=8ms

2018.09.15 10:48:56 ERROR web[][DbMigrations] Executed DB migrations: failure | time=82ms

2018.09.15 10:48:56 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.d.m.DatabaseMigrationImpl] DB migration failed | time=210ms

2018.09.15 10:48:56 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.d.m.DatabaseMigrationImpl] DB migration ended with an exception

org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepExecutionException: Execution of migration step #2210 'Add 'securityhotspotadmin' permission to templates characteristics already having 'issueadmin'' failed

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.execute(MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.java:79)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.execute(MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.java:67)

at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.execute(MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.java:52)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.engine.MigrationEngineImpl.execute(MigrationEngineImpl.java:68)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.DatabaseMigrationImpl.doUpgradeDb(DatabaseMigrationImpl.java:105)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.DatabaseMigrationImpl.doDatabaseMigration(DatabaseMigrationImpl.java:80)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: smallint = boolean

Hint: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.

Position: 107

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2433)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2178)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:306)

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeInternal(PgStatement.java:441)

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:365)

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeWithFlags(PgPreparedStatement.java:155)

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeQuery(PgPreparedStatement.java:118)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.SelectImpl.scroll(SelectImpl.java:74)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MassUpdate.execute(MassUpdate.java:92)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.version.v73.PopulateHotspotAdminPermissionOnTemplatesCharacteristics.execute(PopulateHotspotAdminPermissionOnTemplatesCharacteristics.java:61)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.DataChange.execute(DataChange.java:44)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.execute(MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.java:75)

... 9 common frames omitted

Hello Colin,

would you please help me with this error, i am not able to understand what does it says and what i should do.

this error i am getting after i browse to http://:9000/setup.

error is attached .

You’ve raised this latest error in two more topics :open_mouth: Please keep focused topics and do not duplicate questions.

I’ll close this topic here as initial question was resolved thanks to @Colin’s inputs.