Sonar is under maintenance

sonarqube

(Veeresh Reddy) #1

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• i have installed sonar latest 7.3 version with latest 10.5 postgresql
    after the installation UI got stuck in maintenance mode. would you please suggest me what i should in order to be happy(seeing the perfect UI)

(Colin Mueller) #2

Veeresh,

What do you see in the logs folder of your SonarQube install directory? That’s the first important step in troubleshooting SonarQube.

Colin

(Veeresh Reddy) #3

Yes,your true the first thing we should always look at logs of any software like here sonar.
my log messages in an image .

it says i need to upgrade the database, but my sonar is back-ended with latest 10.5 postgresql database version and latest sonar version 7.3.

your suggestion helps me .

thank you!

(Colin Mueller) #4

Veeresh,

That is not referring to the database engine needing upgraded but the schema. I can understand why that could get confusing. It’s essentially saying a database migration is required.

If you go to the setup page your SonarQube instance (http://myinstance:9000/setup for example), what do you see? It should allow you to initiate the migration at the click of a button. The status of the migration should be tracked in web.log, if memory serves correctly.

This generic documentation on Upgrading SonarQube might also be useful to you.

Colin

(Veeresh Reddy) #5

My sonar.properties looks like below
web.host.url: x.x.x.x
web.port:9000

web.context:/sonar

when i enter http://x.x.x.x:9000/setup

i get a response as in an image

(Colin Mueller) #6

Veeresh,

What if you browse to x.x.x.x:9000/sonar/setup?

Colin

(Veeresh Reddy) #7

it is now took me to databse upgrade page, but is is giving me this error

2018.09.15 10:48:56 ERROR web[][DbMigrations] #2210 'Add 'securityhotspotadmin' permission to templates characteristics already having 'issueadmin'': failure | time=8ms

2018.09.15 10:48:56 ERROR web[][DbMigrations] Executed DB migrations: failure | time=82ms

2018.09.15 10:48:56 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.d.m.DatabaseMigrationImpl] DB migration failed | time=210ms

2018.09.15 10:48:56 ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.d.m.DatabaseMigrationImpl] DB migration ended with an exception

org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepExecutionException: Execution of migration step #2210 'Add 'securityhotspotadmin' permission to templates characteristics already having 'issueadmin'' failed

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.execute(MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.java:79)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.execute(MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.java:67)

at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.execute(MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.java:52)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.engine.MigrationEngineImpl.execute(MigrationEngineImpl.java:68)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.DatabaseMigrationImpl.doUpgradeDb(DatabaseMigrationImpl.java:105)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.DatabaseMigrationImpl.doDatabaseMigration(DatabaseMigrationImpl.java:80)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: smallint = boolean

Hint: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.

Position: 107

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2433)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2178)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:306)

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeInternal(PgStatement.java:441)

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:365)

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeWithFlags(PgPreparedStatement.java:155)

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeQuery(PgPreparedStatement.java:118)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.SelectImpl.scroll(SelectImpl.java:74)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MassUpdate.execute(MassUpdate.java:92)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.version.v73.PopulateHotspotAdminPermissionOnTemplatesCharacteristics.execute(PopulateHotspotAdminPermissionOnTemplatesCharacteristics.java:61)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.DataChange.execute(DataChange.java:44)

at org.sonar.server.platform.db.migration.step.MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.execute(MigrationStepsExecutorImpl.java:75)

... 9 common frames omitted

(Veeresh Reddy) #8

Hello Colin,

would you please help me with this error, i am not able to understand what does it says and what i should do.

this error i am getting after i browse to http://:9000/setup.

error is attached .

(Nicolas Bontoux) #9

You’ve raised this latest error in two more topics :open_mouth: Please keep focused topics and do not duplicate questions.

I’ll close this topic here as initial question was resolved thanks to @ColinHMueller’s inputs.

(Nicolas Bontoux) #10