I am looking for some information on how can i integrate sonarqube with single sign on using SAML.
I found documentation using Okta and Onelogin, but I am specifically looking for SAML as my org uses that.
Looking for any available documentation or any pointers where to start from.
I found something called miniOrange , but i dont need any third party software
I found this document that gives somewhat a picture- Delegating Authentication | SonarQube Docs
- Application ID is the value of the “Client ID” you set in Keycloak (for example “sonarqube”) - this can be some string, is what i understood
- Provider ID is the value of the “EntityDescriptor” > “entityID” attribute in the XML configuration file (for example “http://keycloak:8080/auth/realms/sonarqube” where sonarqube is the name of the realm) - this comes from my identity provider
- SAML login url is the value of “SingleSignOnService” > “Location” attribute in the XML configuration file (for example “[http://keycloak:8080/auth/realms/sonarqube/protocol/saml”] - what is this value i dont know, may be put sonarqube URL here?
- Provider certificate is the value you get from Reaml Settings → Keys → click on the Certificate button - X509Certificate from my identity provider, should i put in a file on the sonar server and put the file location?
- SAML user login attribute is the value set in the login mapper in “SAML Attribute Name” - this can be saml email address , as saml sso takes email id and password
SAML user name attribute is the value set in the name mapper in “SAML Attribute Name” - this is again not clear, as in my IDP, there is only saml email id
I also want to know is it required to migrate my application from http to https for saml.