SAML solutions integrations with SonarQube and SonarCloud

Hello,

What SAML integrations are compatible with SonarQube and SonarCloud. Is PingID SAML integration possible in these ?

Hi @binita_nayak,

We support SAML 2.0 for SonarQube (you cannot authenticate to SonarCloud using SAML). Any IdP compatible with SAML 2.0 should work. See the documentation here.

Cheers.

1 Like

I have a problem in configuring the SAML Auth with my SonarQube instance. The documentation in the official page is bit confusing.
My concerned points are -

• the property ā€˜sonar.core.serverBaseURLā€™ must be set to the public URL ---- where is this done ?
  • Are any settings concerned with SAML auth, done in sonar.properties file ?
  • Is there any proper documentation of the same ?

Yes, sonar.core.serverBaseURL can be set in conf/sonar.properties. Any setting starting with sonar.* can be set in that file (most of them can also be set through the UI, under Administration; which is the case for all SAML settings).

We do not document all SAML IdPs :man_shrugging: . Itā€™s a standard protocol, so on SonarQubeā€™s side, the settings we detail (pretty profusely, I might add) for KeyCloak will usually apply as well (at least, you will find the same basic principles: a SP ā€œidentifierā€, a callback URL, and a signed certificate). Usually, most of the config is done on the IdP, not the SP. The SP (SonarQube in this case) will ā€œonlyā€ map values from the payload to user fields it knows.

I donā€™t know about PingID, so I cannot help you. But Iā€™m pretty sure that, if you find any tutorial on setting up PingID with another service, the main steps will translate very well to SonarQube (again: SAML is standard, thereā€™s nothing highly specific in SonarQubeā€™s UI).

Unless you encounter issues that need troubleshooting, after setting everything up. But if thatā€™s the case, please give more details.

After successful SAML login, I get landed in the login page again. Is it a configuration issue from the IDP side or SP end ?

The Entity ID and ACS url such as https://mydomain.com/auth/realms/sonarqube/protocol/saml set somewhere in the sonar.properties or in UI or from the IDP end ?

Looks like an SP-end config issue. Did you follow the documentation I linked to? Thereā€™s a section called In SonarQube, which should be fairly similar to your setup.