Selected projects migration from SQv5.6 to SQv6.7

Dear All,
We were using SQ version5.6.7 and then now we are using SQ version6.7.7. Both of them are LTS.
We need help in understanding whether there is any feasibility of migrating selected SonarQube application from 5.6.7 version to 6.7.7 without loosing the history.
We are using inbuilt MySQL Databases in both the servers.

Any quick help is highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Kiran Kumar Pokala.

Hi Kiran,

To be clear, both versions you mention are former LTSs. The current LTS is 7.9.2. Anything prior to that is past EOL and unsupported.

Absolutely! Just follow the upgrade procedure and you should be good.

Note that we’ve provided a FLOSS migrator to get you off MySQL, so your migration path looks like this:

5.6 on MySQL → 6.7 on MySQL → 6.7 on Postgres or Oracle → 7.9.2

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

Thank you for your response dear Ann!
I looked at the upgrade procedure you shared. That more seems like completely migrating all the projects from old server to the new server. We would like to understand is there any feasibility to choose few projects in old server & only that can migrated?

Thank you,
Kiran Kumar Pokala.

Hi Kiran,

What you’re really doing when you run the upgrade is letting SonarQube upgrade it’s database schema. So, no. I’m sure you see now that there’s no option to only upgrade the schema for certain project.

I’m guessing you’re asking this out of an abundance of caution: What if the upgrade goes wrong? What if you don’t like it?

As you noticed, the upgrade procedure councils you to make a backup of your DB before you start. That’s your fallback plan. In the unlikely event that something does go wrong, you simply restore the backup, which instantly puts you back at the old version.

HTH,
Ann