Search for projects without applications

• which versions are you using: SonarQube Developer Edition V8.9
  • what are you trying to achieve: We use application feature to cluster our projects and repos. I ask myself if there is a possibility to search for all projects which are currently NOT assigned to any application configured. This is needed to identify gap of high amount of projects and mapping to applications.
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this: Currently I did not find a proper solution to check.

Any help/hint is appreciated.Thank you. I did not find information here: Managing Applications | SonarQube Docs

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

There is the ability to gather un-allocated projects into a Portfolio, but the use case for Applications is different. They’re intended to group projects that ship together. As such we’ve seen no need to provide a ‘find orphans’ functionality.

Can you explain why you need this in Applications, versus Portfolios?

Thx,
Ann

Hi Ann,

thx you very much for your response. Portfolios are available with Enterprise Edition, correct? We are using Developer Edition.

We use Applications to group our 300+ projects. ‘Find orphans’ functionality would be very helpful to check if grouping is correct. Once new projects are added it is kind of hard to check manually if all projects are mapped and group correctly.

If feature is not available within administration frontend, do you see possibility to check via database?

Thank you.

Hi,

Yes, Portfolios start in Enterprise Edition($$).

Unfortunately, Applications just weren’t built for your use case.

You really need to treat the DB as a black box. You might be able to accomplish what you want using the Web APIs (link to onboard docs in the footer).

HTH,
Ann