Same Sonarqube instance for Windows and Linux

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    SonarQube enterprise edition-8.5.0.37579
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Present SonarQube enterprise edition is installed in Linux PC and working fine.Now we have a project in windows platform and we can built it keil compiler.
To analyze C and C++ code of project please let us know the steps to be followed to achieve below things.

How to use same instance of SonarQube in both Windows and Linux.
How to use build-wrapper in Keil compiler?

Thanks,
Bhavani.

Hi Bhavani,

It doesn’t matter which platform your server is on. You can build and analyze from wherever it makes the most sense for your project.

Have you seen the docs on analyzing C and C++? They should get you started.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Sorry for not mentioning this before,currently we are using local instance of SonarQube.

Do i need to install server instance to work in different platforms.
can you please share anything on how to use build wrapper in Keil compiler?

Hi Bhavani,

It’s not clear to me what you mean by this. You only need one, central instance of the SonarQube server. It can run on any OS that supports Java. And then you can analyze from whatever machine is convenient as long as it can “see” SonarQube on the network.

As to getting started with analysis, did you check out the docs I linked to previously? And if so, what specifically about those docs is unclear to you?

Ann

Hi Ann,

I followed above documentation to install SonarQube(local instance).

From the Docs that u attached i understood build-wrapper is required for C and CPP analysis but i can not find anything about using build-wrapper with Keil compiler

Hi,

In my first response to you I linked to documentation on analyzing C and C++. Have you checked it out?

Ann