Rule explenation shows default severity, not the one from the active profile

In the plugin for intellij, the list of issues on the left correctly uses the severity configured on the server, but the rule description on the right shows a different value, presumably the default.

Hi,
That’s correct. When connected to a server, issues can have any severity (regardless of which rule created it) since the severity can be overwritten in the rule or in the issue itself (in the server).
The rule description that is shown on the right side is not contextualized with the specific issue shown on the left side. Therefore, it shoes the default severity of the rule.

I’d assume that some users expect to see the default information about the rule, that shouldn’t be ambiguous depending whether it has been changed for the specific issue that is selected on the right side.

What do you think about this?
Personally, I’ve no strong opinion about it.

Hi Duarte,

speaking for myself i expect to see the SLE rule description in sync with the configured
severity in Sonarqube server.
Got a lot of questions because of that, developers are being misled.
Any chance this will be fixed ?

Gilbert

This is an old thread. Both SLI and SLE shows the severity from the quality profile in the rule description panel. Please open a new thread if this is not what you see.

What could be misleading is when the issue severity has been changed in the SonarQube server. The severity displayed in the marker list is the overridden one, while the one in the rule description panel is still the original one.

Update: my bad, the severity is still the default one, not the one of the quality profile.

There’s a related post for this topic.

I created a ticket for SonarLint IntelliJ: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SLI-412