Rider support for SonarLint

and me - would love this - using the JB eco-system, big drawback not having the plugin for Rider

+1 for me too. Recently switched to Rider from VS 2019. VS 2019 together with Resharper is almost unusable.

+1

What is the status of this?

The support of Rider for SonarLint is something we are definitely looking at. Although I cannot share an ETA for the time being (Rider support is is not in our short-term priority list), we are tracking this feature request (and the votes that we receive for it) and we will certainly take those inputs into account when we review our priorities.

6 Likes

+1 for me as well! Would speed up the dev flow by a lot.

+1 for me as well! thanks

Since Rider is our primary IDE, we would like to see official SonarLint support.

2 Likes

Please!

+1 for me!
thanks

Please add support for Rider!
+1
Thanks

Hi @Tiago_Ferreira and @Simone_Alessandrelli, a warm welcome to the SonarSource community!
We are actually looking closer into adding SonarLint support for Rider!

May I ask to Rider developers here to share a little more about your context, and specifically:

• which language do you use Rider for (C# / VB.NET / ASP.NET, …) and which kind of applications you develop with Rider?
  • do you use Rider on your own initiative or is part of a company setup?
  • do you use SonarQube or SonarCloud in your development pipeline?
  • what are the top expectations you have from SonarLint (e.g. better code inspections w.r.t. the IDE ones, quality profile synchronization with SonarQube, anything else?)

Any feedback will definitely help us

Thanks @Marco_Comi,
we use Rider in our company to create cloud applications with dot net core on AWS, or for standard AspNetCore applications.
We’re using SonarQube in our dev pipeline and it could be really useful to have an IDE linter that uses the same rules defined in our pipeline.

Best regards,
Simone.

Hi @Marco_Comi! Thanks for your reply.

1. Rider for C# / ASP.NET CORE. Develop Web/API apps. Docker.
  2. We use Rider in many of our teams as part of the company setup. Some developers use Visual Studio and others use Rider.
  3. Yes we use SonarCloud. Additionally, GitLab, AWS, Azure, and we will start to use Google Cloud.
  4. Quality profile synchronization to sync with defined rules;

Thanks,
Tiago Ferreira

Hi @Marco_Comi,

• Our developers can choose their IDE, but most of them chose Rider
  • We use C#, ASP.NET, TypeScript, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, XML, SASS and JSON für Single Page JavaScript applications
  • We user SonarQube on-premise
  • Our top expectation is to see SonarQube issues while typing/compiling. Right now we have a lot or PR decorations, which is a little bit late.

Thank you

Hi @Marco_Comi! Thanks for your reply.

1. Rider for C# / ASP.NET CORE. Develop WebAPI apps.
  2. We use Rider in many of our teams as part of the company setup. Some developers use Visual Studio and others use Rider.
  3. Yes we use SonarQube. Additionally, Bitbucket, AWS.
  4. Quality profile synchronization to sync with defined rules;

Thanks!

Hello @Gustavo_Andrade and welcome to the SonarSource community.

Thanks for the feedbacks, duly noted !

Hi @Marco_Comi
we as a company use SonarCloud, which gives great insights into our C# code and prevents issues entering the main branches through our build pipelines. However it would be great if SonarCloud type analysis could be seen in the IDE, such as code smells. If it obeyed all the same rules as the SonarCloud configuration then that would be amazing but secondary to having any analysis.

Thanks,
Simon

Hello @SimonLegg and welcome to the SonarSource community!
Thanks for sharing your expectations for SonarLint in Rider, it is indeed great to see that you (along with many other users as you see in this thread) are interested to analyze your code with SonarLint in Rider; and great to see the many already use SonarCloud or SonarQube, and would like to have the same rules applied in the IDE, that makes a lot of sense to us.
We will keep you posted here when we have some updates on the topic.

1 Like

Hello folks,

We are starting an early adopter phase for SonarLint for Rider. To not pollute this thread, I have started a new one where I will post updates, and early adopters can provide feedback.

2 Likes

Hi,

We have released SonarLint for IntelliJ 5.1 that bring support for Rider. Feel free to read the release announcement.

I’m closing this feature request, please open new threads/feature requests if you have more feedback.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 17 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.