Quality Gate - Over Leak Period and Warning not found in v7.9.4

I am trying to migrate Quality Gates from Version 5.6.4 - [LGPL v3] to Community Edition Version 7.9.4 (build 35981)

Please help understand how this can be achieved since I am not able to find ‘Over Leak Period’ and ‘Warning’ are not found in v7.9.4

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you’ve upgraded from 5.6.4 (via 6.7.x) to 7.9.4 and you’re double-checking that your Quality Gate configuration made the move in tact(?) Either that or you’ve got the 2 versions side & you’re trying to recreate in 7.9.4 the same QG you had in 5.6.4(?)

Either way, I guess the explanations are the same.

Somewhere between the two versions (memory grows fuzzy about exactly when) we revamped QG configuration because we realized it was confusing and led people to do things they didn’t mean to do. Basically:

• “Over Leak Period” got translated to “On New Code” and you select it before you pick the metric, not after
  • We dropped the Warning condition type because it seemed to offer little value on the whole.

HTH,
Ann

Thanks for the reply ! How does ‘On New Code’ works ? How to select “On New Code” BEFORE we pick the metric

Are we referring to https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/project-administration/new-code-period/

Hi,

Just step through the interface. It’ll be obvious.

:smiley:
Ann

Apologies as I could not understand your reply…

Kindly elaborate please …

Are we talking about metric options like “Code Coverage on New Code”, “Duplicated Lines on New Code” etc. ???

Hi,

Here’s what I see in the interface:
Selection_999(282)

HTH,
Ann

Here’e the catch, the interface I am getting is as follows :slightly_smiling_face:

Which is very different to what you’ve shared. Am I missing something here ?

I am using Community Edition Version 7.9.4 (build 35981)

Hi,

Okay! It’s easy to forget that the interface has changed (and when it changed). So in your case, the dropdown will contain all available metrics, both “on New Code” ones as well as the overall metrics.

Ann